We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Couples Negril & Swept away

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
163 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Couples Negril & Swept away

I am planning on booking one of these resorts for two weeks in April 2014 and have a few questions. I know there is information on comparing both resorts, but I still need help indeterming which one is better for us.

Is two weeks too much for these resorts and the area?

We love an evening bar near the beach. Do either one of these resorts have this?

Is the beach nicer at the CN or CSA?

We are not pool people, we are beach people, so the pool is not a deciding factor.

Are one of these resorts more of a party place, or are they both laid back? We love a few drinks in the evening then usually head back to the room around 10pm.

I love nice ocean views from the resort, do either one of these have more ocean views than the other?

Thank you so much for your time.

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Couples Negril & Swept away

Sandals47

I would recommend you consider a split stay doing 7 nights at each resort. For us 14nts is not too much time in the area as we love Negril & the beach. If you want to experience more of the island you could split between Negril & Ocho Rios.

The beachfront accommodations at CSA are true beachfront offering spectacular views and are our favorite room categories.

Enjoy your research and enjoy Negril!

oakville, ON
Destination Expert
for Oakville
Level Contributor
5,152 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Couples Negril & Swept away

IMO, the beach is much nicer at CSA. Mi lve the piano bar at CSA in the evenings.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
163 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Couples Negril & Swept away

Thank you for your response.

We will most likely stay at the one resort. Does Couples offer transporation to CSA and or CN so you can spend the day there? Do you wear bracelets?

We love an evening bar near the beach. Do either one of these resorts have this?

Are one of these resorts more of a party place, or are they both laid back? We love a few drinks in the evening then usually head back to the room around 10pm.

Edited: 16 May 2013, 00:43
Boston...
Level Contributor
208 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Couples Negril & Swept away

No bracelets.....NEVER!!!!! ;-)

We love CSA - we're beach people too, and love walking 7 Mile! The resort is terrific, but if you want to check out CN, you can take part in the Couples Trading Spaces plan....Couples will shuttle you to CN at 10AM and will pick you up at 4PM. This is free, and is available on certain days. If you want the chance to have dinner at CN, then you'll need to buy a day pass.

Check the Couples website for more specifics....I hope you'll LOVE your time at CSA!!!

Edited: 16 May 2013, 02:25
lew
houston, texas
Level Contributor
838 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Couples Negril & Swept away

I agree with the spilt. So much fun!

New York
Level Contributor
705 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Couples Negril & Swept away

How is couples transfer service from montego bay to Negril....

Colorado, USA
Level Contributor
503 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Couples Negril & Swept away

Another vote for one week at each. They are only 5min apart so the transfer wouldnt take too long and resetting the dining options after a week would be a good thing for me. The beach bars at CSA close shortly after sunset. Its been a few years since we've been to CN but my memory says there is a bar that is part of a restaraunt that stays open late and is not far off the beach. We like both resorts a lot but probaby wouldnt choose to spend 2 weeks at either.

8. Re: Couples Negril & Swept away

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2014, 05:18