We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Negril and a place to shower and change

Arvada, Colorado
14 posts
Save Topic
Negril and a place to shower and change

We have rented a car servic for the day and plan to enjoy the beach for the day. We also booked a sunset dinner at Ivan's. Can anyone suggest a place to shower and change before dinner? We're staying all the way down in Montego Bay. Can anyone help?

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
252 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Negril and a place to shower and change

Cosmo's on the beach.

thunder bay
Level Contributor
293 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Negril and a place to shower and change

Susan, Unfortunately without renting a room you would have a hard time finding a place for a warm shower and dressing for dinner. As the previous poster mentioned a place like Cosmos is relatively private and I think you would get a cool fresh water shower but but only minimum privacy and space for changing.Negril is more geared for staying not visiting. The good news is that Ivan's, although appreciated for it's food and service accepts fairly casual dress so you won't be out of place if you look like you just crawled out of the ocean.lol A place like YellowBird on the beach might give you a room for the day depending on the time of year. Good luck.

Santa Rosa Beach...
Destination Expert
for Negril
Level Contributor
3,508 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Negril and a place to shower and change

Cosmos or Wild Parrot but you would at least need to buy a drink, give them a little business before going to Ivan's

Whitman,ma
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Negril and a place to shower and change

I think margaritaville has showers by the bathrooms!

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio, Treasure Beach
Level Contributor
13,045 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Negril and a place to shower and change

Margaritaville and Cosmos both have showers/changing rooms geared to day visitors. Cosmos charges a small fee for theirs, M-ville expects you to buy something. Both are nice places to beach it and then clean up after.

Bodega, California
Level Contributor
14,534 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Negril and a place to shower and change

So does Alfreds. Believe me, I sussed out all the shower places last winter during the water crisis.

san francisco
Level Contributor
1,770 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Negril and a place to shower and change

I would choose Cosmos because the food there is great. Try their conch chowder and their frozen rum drinks are to die for. There is always a bit of a wait for food, but you can use the beach while waiting. Cosmos is where Jamaicans on vacation go to eat. They have tables in the sand. Yes, there is a minimal fee for the showers, but they are clean and provide privacy.

Negril, Jamaica
Level Contributor
208 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Negril and a place to shower and change

My suggestion is to stay on the Cliffs for the evening especially if you have an alcoholic beverage. Plenty of choices- Tensing Pen, Blue Cave Castle. Enjoy the beauty of Negril.

michigan
Level Contributor
827 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Negril and a place to shower and change

I agree, stay a night in Negril at an affordable hotel.

10. Re: Negril and a place to shower and change

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2014, 05:18