We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying out / arrival to Mo-Bay

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
284 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Flying out / arrival to Mo-Bay

Hi all, can anyone tell me if it's is better to fly out on the early flights like 5 am or the later ones like 10am , just wondering if it matters , looking to get thru Customs/Immigrations quickly, and in the past I have always taken the earlier one 5am to 6am , Thanks

Virginia
Level Contributor
3,721 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying out / arrival to Mo-Bay

I don't know about you, but I try to fly in as early as possible and fly out as late as possible. It's worth longer lines in customs & immigration for more time on the beach!

new york
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying out / arrival to Mo-Bay

We always take the Caribbean Airlines 5:50 am Flight # 10 out JFK, because of the time change, it lands and 8:35 am..customs is a breeze! LOVE IT!

Edited: 16 May 2013, 14:29
Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,268 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying out / arrival to Mo-Bay

We always book the 5:30 AM out of MSP and then the 4:00 PM out of MBJ to go home. Max the time in Jamaica!

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Santa Rosa Beach...
Destination Expert
for Negril
Level Contributor
3,545 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying out / arrival to Mo-Bay

Yes early flight to MBJ and late flight home.

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
890 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flying out / arrival to Mo-Bay

The early flights usually are the best since the later you get, the more chance there is for a delay....

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
284 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flying out / arrival to Mo-Bay

Ok Thanks everyone , agree I will stick to the same as i have done in the past ...

HappyTravels All

Bodega, California
Level Contributor
14,663 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flying out / arrival to Mo-Bay

Staying in Negril I learned to never EVER book a flight before Noon out of MoBay if I can help it - and truth be told, Noon is too early because then I have to leave Negril no later than 9:00am.

When the God's prevail my usual flight leaves for Miami at around 4:30pm. I get back to SFO on the late side, sure, but WTF - I've just spent the winter in Jamaica and its all good.

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
8. Re: Flying out / arrival to Mo-Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2014, 06:17