We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eloping in Negril

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
shreveport...
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Eloping in Negril

Has anyone been since renovations? I'm going in march for my honeymoon, and I'm kinda hoping it doesn't suck! We're considering either there or Whistling Bird for a small wedding. Anyone have any ideas/suggestions/advice/ANYTHING???? Thanks for any replies!

Portsmouth, NH
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Eloping in Negril

Hi Kelbel

When are you going? My wife and I will be there March 19-26

It is undergoing renovations as we speak and should be reopened on March 1st

South Carolina
Level Contributor
168 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eloping in Negril

I was there last year and will be returning on March 29th. Even without renovations it is one of the most beautiful places in Negril. I am also extremely anxious to here about the renovations. The gardens are really beautiful and I know they had gazebos in the garden which would make a lovely place for a wedding. I hope with the extended time they used for renovations they will have everything ready for a March opening. Don't know anything about Whistling Bird but you can't go wrong with Sunset at the Palms.

Elmhurst, Illinois
Level Contributor
386 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eloping in Negril

We are getting married in Negril in a couple weeks and wanted to pass along a photographer that we found. Their packages and pricing were a lot better than what the resort offered. If interested, our contact person is Paula from Sun Gold Photography. Their website is http://www.sungoldphoto.com/ Check out their pictures on line. We went with our resort for everything else. Congratulations.

shreveport...
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Eloping in Negril

Thanks for the info so far. Maybe we'll see you there, Escaping!!! Y'all are making me even more excited (and I didn't think that was possible!)

montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eloping in Negril

...how did ya'll know where kelbel was staying???

I'm lost !! LOL

Blessings to all.

Steve

Traverse City, MI
Level Contributor
132 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Eloping in Negril

kelbel;

Traverse City, MI
Level Contributor
132 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Eloping in Negril

Kelbel;

When are you scheduled to go? My husband and I are booked for March 10-17. We will post a message for everyone when we get back to let you all know what's what. I really hope they open the 1st, we held off on our vacation for a week just to give them extra time, but that was before we found out that they were also supposed to open in January. Anyways, I'm sure we'll all have fun wherever we end up!

shreveport...
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Eloping in Negril

Scoob's-

YES!!! Definitely let us all know when you get back. The anticipation is just about killing me!

Jamaicasteve - Sorry about the confusion. I had to post a second message to clarify...I will be at Sunset at the Palms March 21-25.

Portsmouth, NH
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Eloping in Negril

Kelbel

I'm sure we will run into each other! It's not that large a place

Perhaps we should try to hook up one evening?

My name is Paul and my wife is Sabrina. We are both 31