We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rockhouse/nearby

Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
16 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Rockhouse/nearby

My wife and I are headed to Jamaica for a week, 4 days at Rockhouse and then 3 nights at Rose Hall Grand. Can't wait, her 1st time, and my first visit in 20 years ! Any suggestions for good food and drink that is convenient to Rockhouse ? Any must do activities while there ? Thanks so much.

United States
Level Contributor
12,216 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rockhouse/nearby

"Any must do activities while there"

See the following

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g147313-c151729/Negri…

michigan
Level Contributor
852 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rockhouse/nearby

I would definitely spend a day at the beach, Rockhouse will set you up with a great place to spend the afternoon there.

Kingston, Ontario...
Level Contributor
66 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rockhouse/nearby

Try the Pushcart for dinner!! It's owned by Rockhouse. They have a lovely band that plays over dinner. Great food, good vibes!

san antonio
Level Contributor
2,965 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rockhouse/nearby

LTU pub

3 Dives

Ivan's

Many, many great restaurants and bars nearby

Austin, TX
Destination Expert
for Austin
Level Contributor
2,215 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rockhouse/nearby

Here's link to a map - http://www.negrilinfo.com/negril-map.html

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Rockhouse/nearby

irag

Welcome to the Trip Advisor Jamaica forums. The Rockhouse is a great choice of resort on the cliffs, it is stunning with awesome views.

Ivans at Catcha Falling Star on the cliffs at sunset

Kuyaba on the beach at sunset (short cab ride away)

I agree with a day at the beach to swim in the sea, to hang out for a while and walk Long Bay stopping along at different establishments along the way and meeting new people. It is an experience not to be missed while in Negril.

Enjoy your stay in Negril & Montego Bay and your return to Jamaica!

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont, Ormond Beach
Level Contributor
8,851 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rockhouse/nearby

The must-try restaurants IMHO are:

Sips and Bites - Adjacent to the Rockhouse, and the best authentic local food I've had in Negril.

Ivan's - A 15-20 min walk south from Rockhouse - located at Catcha Falling Star. Slightly more upscale fare than RH & beautiful ambiance.

LTU - A 20 min walk south from RH. Our favorite relaxed informal cliffside bar/restaurant. Excellent food, moderately priced, and nice mix of tourists, expats & local folks.

If you're on the beach fir dinner, Kuyaba is our fav. Great food, and superb ambiance - almost Disney-like with torches, swinging chairs at the bar, etc..

Enjoy!

Edited: 24 May 2013, 00:01
Calgary
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rockhouse/nearby

agree with Sips N Bites for some authentic food, always love the food and atmosphere at LTU

would highly recommend taking a taxi up the road to Just Natural (now located at Hylton Ave.) for breakfast - lovely spot and nicest owners!

Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
16 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rockhouse/nearby

You guys are absolutely the best, we so appreciate the feedback, and aare now even more excited for our trip !

10. Re: Rockhouse/nearby

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2014, 06:16