We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Considering renting a house but know nothing please help

Chicago
Level Contributor
679 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Considering renting a house but know nothing please help

I have always stayed at CCLP when in Negril. When on vacation I had spoken to a number of people who had rented houses an said it was a good deal. I got a group of maybe 6-8 people looking to take a vacation want to try to steer them to Negril instead of Mexico. Wondering how I find out about house rentals, what costs are like nad how do costs compare to staying in a hotel? Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
890 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Considering renting a house but know nothing please help

Check out seagrapevillas.com, especially Wild Grape......we love the privacy and the ease of living on the cliffs-----groceries and restaurants close by so you can cook in or eat out-----

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,501 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Considering renting a house but know nothing please help

I second Seagrape. Two others that come to mind are Nirvana and Llantrissant.

boston
Level Contributor
103 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Considering renting a house but know nothing please help

Love renting in Negril.

Definitely check out Crystal Waters villas. There are staff assigned to each villa and it is so nice having someone there to cook whatever you like.

Great section of the beach.

Also have enjoyed Beach House Villas and Rondel Village but CWV is the hands down favorite

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Crystal Waters Villas
Crystal Waters Villas
78 Reviews
Jamaica
Rondel Village
Rondel Village
555 Reviews
Jamaica
Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio, Treasure Beach
Level Contributor
13,411 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Considering renting a house but know nothing please help

I've done this in Negril but much more often in Treasure Beach or on the north coast, there are a lot more staffed villas in those areas than in Negril. In those cases we almost always eat at the villa because we have a chef who cooks what we want when and where we want it and that's pretty perfect with a group you enjoy being with.

In Negril there are fully staffed villas like Moondance, Llantrissant and Crystal Waters and the Negril Beach Villa which come with your own chef, cleaning person, gardener or butler or bartender, and then you have semi-staffed villas and cottages that are part of larger hotels, such as Beach House Villas, Rondel Village, Nirvana, Whistling Bird (the one), where cooking services are available for a fee or included for just one meal, and that cook is shared with others in the resort. In those cases we might eat breakfast at the villa but do a restaurant for dinner, or something like that.

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Treasure Beach
Treasure Beach
98 Reviews
Jamaica
Crystal Waters Villas
Crystal Waters Villas
78 Reviews
Jamaica
Rondel Village
Rondel Village
555 Reviews
Jamaica
Whistling Bird Resort
Whistling Bird Resort
166 Reviews
Jamaica
Bodega, California
Level Contributor
14,706 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Considering renting a house but know nothing please help

There are plenty of villas and condos to consider in Negril, most mentioned above. There's also a vacation rentals tab here on trip advisor which may open your options a bit more.

If you are looking to spend time in more of a neighborhood setting Moves Cottage is on Summerset Road.

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont, Ormond Beach
Level Contributor
9,207 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Considering renting a house but know nothing please help

Seagrape is great if you're interested in cottage-type accomodations on the cliffs. They have two 2-bedroom cottages, costing $175-300 each/night, plus a 3-bdrm cottage for $135-200/nite. I'd call them rustic-chic.

http://www.seagrapevillas.com/

If you're shooting for the beach, White Sands is another option, with rooms from ~$65 up, and a 4-bdrm, 4-bath villa for $300-540/nite w/ private pool, across the road from the beach.

http://www.whitesandsjamaica.com/rates/

Mentioned in this post
White Sands Negril
White Sands Negril
976 Reviews
Jamaica
Canada
Level Contributor
5,250 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Considering renting a house but know nothing please help

I can't help you with rentals in Negril specifically but I will say that renting a house/villa with a good group of people is a fantastic way to spend a vacation. You definitely owe it to yourself to try it and see if it fits your style.

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
san francisco
Level Contributor
1,772 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Considering renting a house but know nothing please help

Hi jamaicabound123123, I would like to throw into the mix the Cove House at Citronella and the Long House at Tensing Pen. I have stayed at both places with a group and they are on spectacular coves with great swimming. The Long House at Tensing Pen used to come with a full time cook, but I am not sure that this is so anymore. There is another large house at Tensing Pen, but I have forgotten the name of it. Personally I prefer not to have a cook because breakfast is cooked to order at Tensing Pen in their lovely dining area for all guests and there many places I love to eat in Negril, so I don't want to be limited. I also tried Sea Grape once, but it just wasn't for me. A lot of other people love it though. Have a great trip.

Mentioned in this post
Citronella
Citronella
235 Reviews
Jamaica
Tensing Pen Resort
Tensing Pen Resort
954 Reviews
Jamaica
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,579 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Considering renting a house but know nothing please help

Browse here thru Flip Key..

Lots of housing from many different landlord and locations.

http://www.flipkey.com/

roxbury, ma
Level Contributor
9,452 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Considering renting a house but know nothing please help

IF you want to try a new spot other than Negril check out Bluefields Bay Beachside Villas....amazing!!

Otherwise the suggestions for Negril are great!

PEACE!

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica