We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quick CSA meal related question!

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Quick CSA meal related question!

Hi all,

DH and I are off to CSA one week from today. First real AI and first time to Jamaica.

Here's my question. I tend to get up early and wander around while hubby sleeps in. Then we meet for Breakfast. But sometimes I like to get in an early cup of coffee. Is it possible for me to go and get a cup of coffee somewhere, sit down and drink it, and then still be eligible to eat Breakfast with hubby?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I am wholly unfamiliar with how this works.

Thanks!

Ays08
Level Contributor
147 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quick CSA meal related question!

Yes, it's absolutely possible. You could even order room service to your room and enjoy your coffee on your verandah, and then you and your husband could go to breakfast once he wakes up.

Ocala, Florida
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios, Negril, Montego Bay
Level Contributor
2,199 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quick CSA meal related question!

You will also have a coffee maker in your room. I always get coffee, pastries and fruit delivered very early in the morning as my husband leaves early for golf --- and then if I feel like it I go to Patois if I feel like having a full breakfast before I hit the beach.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
3,696 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quick CSA meal related question!

I AM ALSO guilty of having the coffee and pastries delivered to my rom early like 6:00m. Then we go for a long beach walk and then go eat a big breakfast omelets ect at the restaurant. Must be why I gain 5 lbs every times I go! I think one year we had a VERY early shuttle out and they had coffee available in the restaurant. no worries.....

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,067 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quick CSA meal related question!

I work out at 6am and have coffee and fruit delivered at 7-7:30, which is about when my husband wakes up. We enjoy coffee on the verandah and then head to breakfast or the beach.

America, The...
Level Contributor
7,726 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Quick CSA meal related question!

We do the same thing...juice and cereal/fruit pre-tennis on the verandah via room service and the full breakfast (which my husband gleefully calls "2nd breakfast) post-tennis and then off to the beach.

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Quick CSA meal related question!

I hate to split hairs, but room service won't work as hubby will be sleeping. Can I go somewhere on the resort, sit and have coffee, then still be eligible to have breakfast with hubby later?

Also, what time would such place open in the morning?

Thanks!

Edited: 31 May 2013, 00:33
Level Contributor
1,896 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Quick CSA meal related question!

sooner

Yes, you can wander around the resort early in the morning and watch the resort wake up, stop at Patois or The Palm for a cup of coffee and whatever else you may want and then return to either one to have breakfast with your husband. You can even order the continental breakfast delivered to your room with high mountain coffee in addition to that. There will be an order form in your room which you will fill out and place on the outside door handle to your room the evening before. Coffee & juice in the early morning on our verandah with a fresh fruit plate with croissants and pastries (they are freshly made) is wonderful!

CSA is a full service all-inclusive with no restrictions on how many times you go to the restaurants throughout your stay. Only for dinner with Feathers and Lemon Grass you need to make reservations (one per evening) in advance, but even then you can still visit 2 restaurants for dinner/dessert if you wish.

Enjoy your stay at CSA and enjoy Negril!

America, The...
Level Contributor
7,726 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Quick CSA meal related question!

Kate,

I think you are also asking what place opens the earliest for coffee, right? Does anyone know how early patois and the palms open?

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Quick CSA meal related question!

sooner

Just read your last post after I posted. The Palm serves coffee and continental breakfast starting at 5:30am with full service breakfast starting at 730am-1030am. Patois also starts breakfast service at the same time and is our favorite for a full service a la carte breakfast.

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Quick CSA meal related question!

Yay!!! Thank you all. I tend to be a really early riser, especially on vacation. Hubby is opposite!

I'm thrilled about the 5:30!!

I'm new to this AI thing too.

Thanks again! Starting to get excited - we leave in a week!