We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nicest Room at AI Resort You've stayed at

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
42 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Nicest Room at AI Resort You've stayed at

Hi There - I just posted this in the Caribbean forum, but then read that isn't checked very often so I thought I would post in the Negril forum since that is one of the destinations we are considering. Thanks!

Funny Request - but I want to look into all inclusive resorts with the nicest, cleanliest, most beautiful room you've every stayed at.

A couple more details - my husband and I are in our late twenties and when we travel we like to be really comfortable, and to me that means having a room that is so beautiful, clean, with the most comfortable bed that you don't want to return home.

Small example that I know isn't extremely comparable, but we just stayed at the Venetian in Las Vegas...the room was beautiful, the bed was so fluffy and comfortable I didn't want to leave, and the bathroom was so luxurious I took way too long getting ready...

So yes, I would LOVE to hear from all you what is the nicest AI to stay at in aspects to the room.

A couple more details - we live in Seattle and are planning to only stay about 5 nights so I don't want any place that would be too expensive to travel too or way too long. Some places I've been considering, to compare pricing with, is flying into Jamaica, Cancun (Riviera Maya), Punta Cana.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
406 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nicest Room at AI Resort You've stayed at

We stayed in the Millionaire Honeymoon Penthouse Ocean View One Bedroom Suite with Whirlpool at Sandals Negril last November and it was my favorite room out of all of our vacations. We live in Vegas so I've stayed in several Strip hotels and this room is comparable. Very comfortable, large closet, bathroom and balcony. The A/C worked great and the room always smelled good! The room looks exactly like the pictures on the website.

Ocala, Florida
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios, Negril, Montego Bay
Level Contributor
2,199 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nicest Room at AI Resort You've stayed at

We stayed at SRC in Montego Bay in February and we had the most amazing room ever --- the Grande Romeo & Juliet Honeymoon Swim-up One Bedroom Crystal Lagoon Suite with Private Entrance. I posted a review a few days ago with pictures of the room. All rooms in the future for us will be compared to this one!!

United States
Level Contributor
11,245 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nicest Room at AI Resort You've stayed at

If a nice room is the only requirement for selecting a resort then I would pick a beachfront swim-up crystal lagoon suite at Sandals Negril. This room is oceanfront with a great view and only a small 'lagoon', with your own private entrance to the 'lagoon', a great section of beach between you and the sea. It also features your own private butler to take care of all of your needs such as drinks, dinner reservations, etc.

Seattle
Level Contributor
42,651 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nicest Room at AI Resort You've stayed at

I'm in Seattle also. I think Negril Jamaica is WAY too far to go for only 5 days. I'd look to Hawaii or Mexico instead.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Nicest Room at AI Resort You've stayed at

Suze,

As the crow flies it's 2,800 miles from Seattle to Honolulu and 3,200 miles from Seattle to Montego Bay. Not much difference. But I know what you mean. It's all about ease of travel and the time it takes to get there.

Seattle
Level Contributor
42,651 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nicest Room at AI Resort You've stayed at

To get to Honolulu I go to SeaTac and get on a place at 8am, and arrive Hawaii local time by Noon, take a 20 mins taxi ride into Waikiki.

To get to Negril I have to take go to SeaTac at night, then catch a red-eye flight to Atlanta. Then change planes in the morning. Then fly 2 more hours into Montego Bay. Then take a 90 min. shuttle ride out to Negril.

So you are correct (bluespirate) I shouldn't have used the term "too far", I should have more exactly said "takes too long and is more convoluted to get yourself there".

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
42 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nicest Room at AI Resort You've stayed at

Thank you for all these suggestions.

You know though, you make a great point Suze...

Well has anyone stayed in some amazing rooms in Mexico, Riviera Maya area that they loved?

Maybe I should post this in that forum....

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,297 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nicest Room at AI Resort You've stayed at

Ya thanks a lot mficke0713 - now all the hotel rooms we've ever stayed in look dumpy compared to the pictures you posted of your room.

But we are considering the new Sandals in Grenada next year for our anniversary - and after the renovation maybe the rooms are comparable ! ?

Seattle
Level Contributor
42,651 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nicest Room at AI Resort You've stayed at

I can't afford "amazing rooms" myself. And I go to Puerto Vallarta so don't know the other side of Mexico. But yes definitely post on some of the other forums for more input to your question.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,711 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nicest Room at AI Resort You've stayed at

For me, the room is the least important aspect of my vacation in an AI in Negril. I go for the laid-back beach, the warm sea, the swim-up bar/pool, the scuba diving. The resort ambiance, the Negril ambiance/vibe is so much more important than the room, the size of the TV, the luxury of the bathroom. All rooms look the same with the eyelids closed.

If they handed me a tent on the beach, I would still stay at my AI in Negril.

Your mileage my vary