We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Ivan's to Couples Swept Away

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Schaumburg, Illinois
Level Contributor
224 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation from Ivan's to Couples Swept Away

Hi,

I just booked a sunset dinner at Ivan's direct through their website. I was told the transportation to Ivan's was complimentary but the transportation back to CSA was $50.00. Has anyone been there recently to know if that's the going rate or a little too much?

Thanks.....

London, United...
Level Contributor
214 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Transportation from Ivan's to Couples Swept Away

Can you provide the link for booking Ivans please? Ive had a look on the website but cant seem to find where to book

Illinois
Level Contributor
5,120 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Transportation from Ivan's to Couples Swept Away

Ivans is at Catcha a Falling Star:

http://www.catchajamaica.com/ivans.htm

Southern California
Level Contributor
399 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Transportation from Ivan's to Couples Swept Away

NM,

Just PM'd you the info for Mike.

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
7,881 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Transportation from Ivan's to Couples Swept Away

Agree w/ most posters above - $10 + tip is the going rate (1-way, per couple) for cabs from Ivan's to CSA - or anywhere along Long Bay beach. If you want a reputable driver, we always use Biggs, at 876-410-0536.

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
978 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Transportation from Ivan's to Couples Swept Away

Does anyone know how much the 100 candles dinner is?

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,504 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Transportation from Ivan's to Couples Swept Away

I am very disappointed to hear of this extremely high rate if quoted by Mauvette. I am here in negril now. Word on the street is that Ivan's pricing has gone too high in general. My dinner there earlier this year was not to standard. This was a first. The management at Ivan's/Catcha should investigate and respond accordingly with different pricing to avoid backlash and bad publicity. I have enjoyed many wonderful dinners there over the years.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,504 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Transportation from Ivan's to Couples Swept Away

Let me also add since it pertains to this topic in a small way that we are at CSA and it is better than ever. Staff is really doing a superb job. Very impressed with everything here on this trip and having a great time.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
2,082 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Transportation from Ivan's to Couples Swept Away

Ginsha,

Did you read every post? It was a typo and they meant $20. $10 for a private ride during the day is a decent charter rate. At night, it would be a great rate for the distance covered. Paying $20 from a reputable driver to safely take you home at night is not that bad. Now most know you can take a route taxi for less, however it is not a charter.

And Ivan's/CAtcha's management is doing a fine job. Hell, I have stayed here 7 times in the last couple years and it only gets better. ...... JMHO

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,504 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Transportation from Ivan's to Couples Swept Away

Oh no...I did not see that it was a typo. That is great news. I was getting upset at Ivan's for no reason.

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
Save Reply
30. Re: Transportation from Ivan's to Couples Swept Away

GinSha

See the OP post #14 the $50 original quote was a typo in communication now corrected and was quoted $20. Which yes, is not the standard rate of $10 charged by other drivers but as mentioned the ride to CFS is free, only a tip.

As I mentioned, our most recent visits in July 2012 & December 2012, which were enjoyable as usual, we conveniently arranged a ride back to CSA & SN through CFS and were quoted $15 and paid $15 plus tip. In the past their drivers have charged less but we felt no need to haggle for a lower price when transportation there was arranged, timely & free.

Sorry to hear your last dinner experience was not up to standard, and after hearing these things about Ivans while you are in Negril now I can understand your concern. We will be back in Negril next month, will dine at Ivans and are looking foward to it.

Enjoy the rest of your stay in Negril!