We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best All Inclusive Hotel for Single Guys

Los Angeles...
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best All Inclusive Hotel for Single Guys

Hello,

I'm going to Jamaica with my boyfriend and 3 of his single guy friends. We want to stay at a fun resort that isn't too romantic. I want to make sure these Single boys can have some fun without being smothered by all of the love-struck honeymoonerse. We would like to do one of those "all inclusive" deals and definitely want to stay somewhere with a night life and fun people to meet and mingle with. We would also like to go to some of the local bars. Is there a resort that is walking distance or are cabs relatively cheap?

Do you have any specific recommendations? I was looking into Rui Palace Tropical Bay.

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

suz
Derby, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,683 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best All Inclusive Hotel for Single Guys

I would recommend Grand Pineapple - It's a smaller AI, but you will be right in the middle of the beach with plenty of opportunity to get out and about and the convenience of an AI

Florida
Level Contributor
421 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best All Inclusive Hotel for Single Guys

That's what I was thinking, but I wasn't sure how what the bar hours were there. IMO, AIs are not really well suited for young, single guys. But the one advantage they have is free drinks. If the bar closes early, you lose a lot of the advantage of paying for AI.

But I would think younger guys would want to be out there on the beach in the middle of everything, rather than in the set off compound that is the hallmark of most AIs. So GP is perfect in that regard.

Kingston, Ontario...
Level Contributor
66 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best All Inclusive Hotel for Single Guys

I second Grand Pineapple if you are set on the AI route. It's on the busier end of the beach with endless bars/restaurants within walking distance. If you choose to go the NON-AI route, then you will have many more options.

I wouldnt recommend RPTB...too far away from all the "fun".

toronto
Level Contributor
23 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best All Inclusive Hotel for Single Guys

While the riu palace is a beautiful resort, having stayed there 3 years ago. It will just depend on the clientele that week as it is generally a couple or family resort. The riu club I believe would be more geared to singles, but it is quite out of the way of the main bars and would require a taxi. Center your search on the main beach in negril. Grand pineapple would be a good choice, as it's walking distance to town and other bars, restaurants etc. Good luck in your search.

Seattle
Level Contributor
43,723 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best All Inclusive Hotel for Single Guys

RIU is too far out in my opinion. Look at a map (the one at negrilonestop.com is very good) to see the layout of the hotels and resorts along the 7-mile beach. then pick a more central one.

suze

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Best All Inclusive Hotel for Single Guys

Refer to the Negril Map in www.negrilinfo.com which shows all businesses of all size in Negril. The one that negrilonestop has on their web site only shows resorts they sell which does not include the RIU resorts.

Los Angeles...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Best All Inclusive Hotel for Single Guys

Wow! Thank you so much for all of your input! I will look into the Grand Pineapple.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
1,139 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best All Inclusive Hotel for Single Guys

Don't do it! RIU is MUCH better. You can get a cab for two dollars anytime you want to go to the main strip ....

Los Angeles...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Best All Inclusive Hotel for Single Guys

Hi @gerry123

Are you saying this bc you have stayed at GP and weren't happy or did you stay at RIU and love it there?

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
8,236 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best All Inclusive Hotel for Single Guys

$2 is pretty scant. Most taxis will want more.. esp for 3-4 people. And of course, the Rius aren't walking distance as requested. There are several smaller AIs in the middle of the busy Long Bay beach. Sounds like those would be the best.