We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Lido

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
11 posts
Save Topic
Grand Lido

We will be at the Grand Lido June 23 can someone please recommend an ocean view room number which has the better ocean view, have read the posts but are not specific as to which block or room number, thanks for your help.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,711 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Lido

In my opinion, putting up a specific room number will cause the resort to be buried with requests for that room number leading to massive unfulfilled expectations for that room.

Perhaps a block reference or a general location like "first floor cove" would be possible.

Boisbriand, Canada
Level Contributor
373 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Lido

Does anyone as an better answer to this question, I'm also interested in it.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
4,414 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Lido

To be honest, so many of the rooms face onto the beach, that there are many, many rooms that have great views of the ocean.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,134 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Lido

Blondie is right. I think most, if not all rooms face the ocean. Basically, you are either going to be on the main beach or in the cove area. Decide which one you prefer and book the appropriate room category for that area. Check out the location and view from the room BEFORE you unpack. If you are not satisfied, return to the front desk and request a different room.

Forest Park...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Lido

Room 1033 block is right around the corner from the cove. Great view, perfect location.

United States
Level Contributor
11,246 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Lido

There are nine buildings at the Grand Lido with guest rooms. All but one of the buildings face the sea and have sea views. If you book the lowest priced room category, 'deluxe junior suite', you will be in the one and only building without a sea view.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
307 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Lido

Their vacation started on the 23rd. I am sure they are enjoying their ocean view.

Etobicoke
Level Contributor
295 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grand Lido

Or not enjoying some of the view's of the tourist's on the cove side..........Ha!

9. Re: Grand Lido

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 September 2013, 03:35
Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
58 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Grand Lido

We are going Oct 6-13 and booked a jr suite in the beach cove. I guess a ground floor suite with direct access to the beach should be ok.