We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Res. canceled! MoonDance Villas to Cliffs - any differences?

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
4 posts
Save Topic
Res. canceled! MoonDance Villas to Cliffs - any differences?

Hi all,

My fiance and I were set to get married at the end of Oct, at MoonDance Villas. We had reserved 7 nights at the 'Lilac Mist' villa at MDV, but today we received a notification that management canceled our reservation. :(

They gave us the option of moving to the Poinciana Villa at Moon Dance Cliffs.

Privacy was our main focus in selecting the villa at MDV, Aside from that and being upset our reservations were canceled, what can we expect from with this change from MDV to MDC?

I feel like we are too late to try to get another place lined up and just have to settle.

Edited: 10 June 2013, 18:26
Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
5,492 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Res. canceled! MoonDance Villas to Cliffs - any differences?

Ahhh, no beach???

san antonio
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Res. canceled! MoonDance Villas to Cliffs - any differences?

You'll have plenty of privacy at Moondance Cliffs in October, you may have the place to yourself. It is fairly isolated and you can't really walk anywhere from there.

That's awful they cancelled on you, did they give you a reason? We've been placed in a 5 BR for 1/5 of the rate there before when it was available and vacant at the last minute. That may be an option, unless they're kicking you out so they can rent the whole property.

If you prefer the beach, you may want to check if the Owner's Villa at Nirvana is available. We've stayed there several times and have stayed at Moondance as well. It's not as luxurious and more of a do your own thing kind of place, but the location is better than Lilac Mist since it's directly on the beach and it does have a full kitchen and cook service for at least one meal a day, more on request at a small extra charge.

Idle Awhile is another good choice, but not as private.

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio
Level Contributor
12,786 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Res. canceled! MoonDance Villas to Cliffs - any differences?

Wow, did they give you a reason? I assume you can also ask for a full refund, if so, one villa that is pretty similar to MDV in service and amenities is the Negril Villa up by Cosmo's.

4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Res. canceled! MoonDance Villas to Cliffs - any differences?

We were informed that due to unforeseen circumstances, renovations were necessary. So far we haven't worked out the details of the transition, but the lady we've been in correspondence with has been nice and helpful, very apologetic about the ordeal.

san antonio
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Res. canceled! MoonDance Villas to Cliffs - any differences?

Negril Villa is nice (not as nice as Moondance though), we stayed there years ago before they put the pool in. It's a bit isolated and is a 3BR, I think it's around $1000/nt not including food/drinks.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Res. canceled! MoonDance Villas to Cliffs - any differences?

The upside to Negril Villa is that it is not as isolated as Moondance Cliffs which is way off the beaten track and it's still on the beach. A very quiet part of the beach too.

Southern California
Level Contributor
398 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Res. canceled! MoonDance Villas to Cliffs - any differences?

Maybe Aqua?

Heard they re-opened with new owners.

It looked high end with a nice beach bar.

michigan
Level Contributor
806 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Res. canceled! MoonDance Villas to Cliffs - any differences?

I think that I would prefer Hide Awhile or Idle Awhile over MDC. I would be livid and if you had your heart set on the beach, while not as private, Idle Awhile is a very beautiful hotel and has a fabulous beach. If you want the cliffs then Hide Awhile is very beautiful and quiet.

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
7,762 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Res. canceled! MoonDance Villas to Cliffs - any differences?

Seagrape might be another nice option, if you'd like to try the cliffs. Superb privacy, and it's very convenient to a handful of good restaurants & shops. Their "Wild Grape" and "Seagrape" cottages are the best - both with direct water views, and plenty of room. Both have basic full kitchens too. Wild Grape is our top choice - with a great covered patio in case of showers.

Bodega, California
Level Contributor
14,128 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Res. canceled! MoonDance Villas to Cliffs - any differences?

Moondance Cliffs is nice, the villas are pretty brand new. True that you very well might have the place to yourself and during the day you can walk to Out of Town Pastries, up Hylton Ave to enjoy breakfast or lunch at Jus Natural or north to LTU or the Lighthouse. What's nice about MDC is its off the beaten path location, in a residential neighborhood (for the most part). Something must have happened to the villa that you booked for them to decide to renovate right over your dates. But the property is pretty different than the one on the beach, being of course NOT on the beach but on a beautiful part of the cliffs. I personally prefer the cliffs but not everyone does. Hope things turn around and go well for you.