We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant suggestions for a special meal

Boise, Idaho
Level Contributor
109 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant suggestions for a special meal

We are celebrating our 25th anniversary this year and I would like to have dinner at a nice restaurant while we are in Negril. What is your favorite place for a romantic dinner and also your favorite dish?

East Moriches, New...
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant suggestions for a special meal

Easy answer......Ivan's @ Catcha Falling Star. Lobster Thermidor!....Enjoy!

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant suggestions for a special meal

Ivans at sunset at a cliffside table. Appetizer trio which is jerk shrimp on a slice of grilled pineapple, jerk chicken skewers, crabcake & coleslaw with a hint of pineapple, & entree jerk lobster (in season).

I have to say the jerk chicken penne is fantastic if you are not in the mood for seafood, large serving enough for 2.

Reservations recommended and arrive before sunset & free pickup from your resort (just a tip for your driver).

Enjoy!

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
882 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant suggestions for a special meal

Ivan's or Rockhouse or Xtabi would all be great meals with a free sunset thrown in--Rockhouse specials are what I always go for---on the chalkboard.....

Tiverton, Rhode...
Level Contributor
217 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant suggestions for a special meal

Ivan's is an awesome place for a romantic dinner. Great location, service and menu selection. You will have a wonderful experience.

san antonio
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant suggestions for a special meal

If you want to go all out, a Cave dinner at The Caves.

boston
Level Contributor
103 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant suggestions for a special meal

Spa Retreat, Xtabi and special table at Kuyaba

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
1,533 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant suggestions for a special meal

The private cave dining is $300.00 per couple.i just got an answer from The Caves...

South Florida...
Level Contributor
417 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant suggestions for a special meal

I like the point at rockhouse. we went there a long time ago. very private and your own server. not sure if they still do it.

Seattle
Level Contributor
43,225 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurant suggestions for a special meal

Ivan's at Catcha, "snappy snapper" for the entree.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
357 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurant suggestions for a special meal

If where you sit matters, I can vouch for Rockhouse the special table set off by itself to the left of seating area if facing ocean and Catcha's seaside tables, and Kuyaba's again, table on the left facing ocean up in that gazebo, they are all hotels and will cater to their in house clients first, have been promised good tables over the years but have gotten second tibs depending on the time of reservation. Sunset is going to be in high demand, if willing to go later like we did we have had success..

Cave's has always been unavailable so can't say,.

We have also paid the night rate at CSA which included dinner and whatever entertainment they had and the bar....have also wanted to try Moondance Cliffs for a special dinner as location looks amazing but haven't tried yet.

Haven't been to Xtabi or LTU in a few years, they have nice locations on the cliffs.

My special favorite though is Tensing Pen, over they years they have not alwaysa made themselves opent o outsiders but it is worth a try, they will tell you what is on the menu that day it will not be extensive and you can decide then. . just walking down those paths with the flower petals is the most romantic thing in the world,

Other than that, I wish they would open up The Hungry Lion again!

Walk good!