We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alcohol in the All Inclusives

Adelaide, Australia
4 posts
Save Topic
Alcohol in the All Inclusives

Hi guys,

I can't seem to find whether alcohol is included in the price of the all inclusive hotels. I am tossing up between a few but leaning towards Couples Swept Away.

I can only find something that says "most food and beverages are included in the price" but that doesn't really clarify. Not that I want to get too boozed, but alcohol inclusion (or lack of) would make a difference to the budget.

Can anyone help? And if it isn't included, can you tell me roughly how much a beer/wine/cocktail might set me back?

Cheers

Ays08
Level Contributor
147 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alcohol in the All Inclusives

Yes, unlimited alcohol is included in the all inclusive price. Some resorts do charge more/ you have to pay for upgrades to get premium name brand liquor, but CSA is not one of those resorts.

Cary, North Carolina
Level Contributor
125 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alcohol in the All Inclusives

I never heard of an all inclusive NOT including alcohol. However the word "most" included usually means premium brands may be an additional charge.

As far as CSA it includes alcohol, including premium brands. Only additional costs would be upgraded wines at dinner or upgraded brands of liquor in your in room mini bar.

Adelaide, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Alcohol in the All Inclusives

Thanks for the quick responses. As a first timer, I wasn't sure how it all works. And I had originally been considering a Caribbean cruise which I know doesn't include alcohol so that was what I was comparing it to.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
4,448 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alcohol in the All Inclusives

You can't go wrong with CSA, when they say all inclusive they truly mean it. Unless you go off the property to eat and drink or you decide to use the spa and get a massage you will not have to pull you wallet out until you get back to airport.

Unlike cruises that doesn't includes alcohol OR excurision, Couples Swept Away includes top shelve alcohols as well as catamaran cruise, golf, hobie cats, scuba, snorkeling etc.

anadarko, ok
Level Contributor
888 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alcohol in the All Inclusives

Having stayed at all inclusive (AI) resorts several times and going on one cruise, I HIGHLY advise going to the resort!!! No comparison. The limited time in ports---where you must pay to even get your toes in the sand, waiting in line for meals, high cost of beverages, etc. turned us off of cruising.

Some AI resorts include water sports; others do not. Prices vary greatly so you just need to decide which amenities are important to you.

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alcohol in the All Inclusives

To the OP - No worries - you will know if there is an extra cost as you wil be told or have to sign (likely both). When looking at all inclusives and them not including alcohol, watch for the ones that say "almost all inclusive"

On cruises - apparently many cruises are offering all inclusive options for alcohol (you pay extra up front) - I read something about many of the lines trying this approach. Drinks on a boat are expensive, thats for sure.

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Alcohol in the All Inclusives

Anthony

Welcome to the TA Jamaica forums. An all inclusive like CSA, one of the best true all inclusives in the Caribbean, is in my opinion a great value. As mentioned not only do you have unlimited alcoholic beverages, you have an extensive watersports program to include diving & snorkeling trips, water skiing, a sunset catamaran cruise, a fantastic sports complex with a lap pool and tennis courts, nightly entertainment, great restaurants, round trip transfers from MBJ and tips all included.

Not to mention the superb stretch of beach and calm clear turquoise sea with a gradual descent into the sea with a sandy sea floor. Beach loungers with floaties for the sea for everyone and beach flag drink service (stake your green flag up in the sand and the beach staff will come and take your drink order). There are also 2 great beach bars right in the sand steps away.

CSA provides a truly relaxing way to vacation at a romantic resort for couples. In my opinion a much nicer experience and better value than a mega mainstream Caribbean cruise. A yacht or sailboat taken to the British Virgin Islands is a different story, spectacular.

Adelaide, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Alcohol in the All Inclusives

It certainly sounds enticing. Just need to convince the other half now!

I know some people aren't a fan of AI but I thought for some complete relaxation it is a good idea. We are only planning doing it for 5 nights and will have another 5 nights in Playa del Carmen in a non-AI later in the trip. Good to mix things up a bit.

We were very close to booking a cruise but now I'm glad we didn't. I wasn't aware these sorts of resorts are so common.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Edited: 18 June 2013, 07:27
Akron,Ohio
Level Contributor
591 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Alcohol in the All Inclusives

Anthony, you might want to reconsider the split stay. That works out to four days in traveling. Also, I'm telling you, once you get to Swept Away and spend a couple of days on the beach, your not going to be wanting to move. It' the same water, but the sun drops into the sea at Swept Away, and hits you in the face in the morning in Playa. The waves at Swept Away are usually 12' or less, and can get pretty large in Playa. You can also drink the water in Jamaica with out worry. I think if I was going to do a split, having been to both locations a number of times, I'd hit Playa first and the chill out to the slow pace and romance at Swept Away.

Cortland, New York
Level Contributor
3,566 posts
365 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Alcohol in the All Inclusives

Anthony If you are just starting to research you may want to try a site called allinclusiveoutlet.com They are very user friendly, and you will see many different countries and their all inclusive options. I have not booked with them-but their prices seem OK and it is an easy site to use.