We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Party City Jamaica 21 yrs Young

chicago
Level Contributor
67 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best Party City Jamaica 21 yrs Young

As a graduation gift to my daughter who is 21 years young, I am trying to plan a Jamaica trip for her and a friend. They both LOVE to party!!! (Dont know how they made it through college). Im looking for a resort with lots of Night Life, Im not too concerned about cost at this point. Montego Bay or Negril??? Which Resort??? Any suggestion I would appreciate

United States
Level Contributor
11,829 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Party City Jamaica 21 yrs Young

"Im looking for a resort with lots of Night Life"

If you wish to pick a Jamaican resort on the basis of nightlife and being a party place alone, your choice is simple: Hedonism II. It bills itself, with great modesty, as the "party capital of the universe". It is only for people who think nothing of partying until 5AM every day of the week. It is not for the shy or timid. I should also note, if your daughter has a second friend who is also female, ask for the 'single girl rate' and the third girl will eat, drink, sleep (maybe), party, etc. for free. Only send true party animals to this resort if they are 21 year old single females.

Cali
Level Contributor
577 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Party City Jamaica 21 yrs Young

There's no way in hell I would send my daughter off to Hedonism!!!! Go to a resort in MoBay- many bars and clubs there!

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
3,818 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Party City Jamaica 21 yrs Young

I don't think there are lots of resorts with nightlife. We stayed at the RIU MoBay and although I wont go back I will say the Disco was great. Free shuttle to Margaritaville to party at night. On a low budget RDMB is within walking distance to a few bars and also has a free shuttle to Pier One on Friday nights which is a party place. THis resort has a very very small beach and limited food. Negril has the best beaches and lots of bars to walk to. CoCoLapalm is in a great location with a great beach but not AI. We stayed there one year and walked to all the clubs and beach parties.

california
Level Contributor
414 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Party City Jamaica 21 yrs Young

Two words for you...Natalee Holloway. I give you props for being a "cool" parent, but i would probably think twice before sending my 21 year old party animal daughter off to a foreign country. Especially to Hedonism...unless you plan on sending her with a suitcase full of "protection" as well. I'm sure she's level headed, just please be careful...maybe Key West would be better. :-)

Edited: 30 June 2013, 18:27
Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Party City Jamaica 21 yrs Young

A graduation gift for a 21 year old? A trip to Jamaica? For partying? Not too concerned about cost? Once again, it is clear to me that where I screwed up in life was by not being born to rich parents.

Bodega, California
Level Contributor
14,534 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Party City Jamaica 21 yrs Young

Wow, I don't even know what to say to this - I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say your 21 year old daughter likes to party but doesn't live for it. That said, send her to Negril, non-AI. This way she won't feel "trapped" in AI resorts that mostly cater to middle aged folks and families (Hedo is included in those regarding middle aged folks - I wouldn't send a 21 year old there unless they had an over the top sense of humor). I'd suggest a beach property where she can walk to bars and restaurants easily during the day - at night there's always music on the beach or at the Jungle night club.

Since she's 21 hopefully she can handle being on her own and "partying" without hurting herself or others. Negril, Jamaica in fact, is in no way Spring Break 365 days a year - its barely spring break during spring break.

New York
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Party City Jamaica 21 yrs Young

Better to send to Hedo than left to walk around on her own. The Hedo crowd would look out for her safety and help her if in trouble. Yes the crowd would be a little older but I wouldn't want my 21 year old walking the bars in MoBay at night. We go to Hedo for the vibes and not the sex. Hedo has always made us feel safe and I have no problems leaving my wife to get drinks at night. Most people that go are great and no means no unlike you may find on MoBay. I can't say enough of the staff as twice we have had deaths in the family and they came to our aid. So I know they are looking after their guests well being.

New York
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Party City Jamaica 21 yrs Young

Better to send to Hedo than left to walk around on her own. The Hedo crowd would look out for her safety and help her if in trouble. Yes the crowd would be a little older but I wouldn't want my 21 year old walking the bars in MoBay at night. We go to Hedo for the vibes and not the sex. Hedo has always made us feel safe and I have no problems leaving my wife to get drinks at night. Most people that go are great and no means no unlike you may find on MoBay. I can't say enough of the staff as twice we have had deaths in the family and they came to our aid. So I know they are looking after their guests well being.

Santa Rosa Beach...
Destination Expert
for Negril
Level Contributor
3,508 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Party City Jamaica 21 yrs Young

You know your daughter better than we do, you said she LOVES to party and wants nightlife, then only one place fits in Negril...Hedonism, better she be there than roaming bars and searching nightelife on their own...

Key West? yeah another town known for partying and full of bars, I don't know anyplace that you can call safe or safer!

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,607 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Party City Jamaica 21 yrs Young

I think you are a lovely mom for wanting to do something really nice for your daughter to recognize her accomplishment. I think Jamaica is a country that requires maturity and street sense to successfully maneuver. We took a 19-year-old and a 22-year-old to Negril last month. They had a Jamaican cell phone and we had one. While we did not see them a lot, we stayed in contact with them and gave them lots of advice on what to do and not do. We still worried, but it all turned out great. Things are not always what they seem on the surface when in a different culture. I would either go with them and handle it like we did or maybe think about the Key West suggestion. I have been to both places many times and would feel better about Key West. However, if you decide on Jamaica then definitely Negril and not Mo Bay and definitely an all-inclusive with more security.