We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone have an update on Grand Lido?

Nashville
Level Contributor
463 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone have an update on Grand Lido?

First time to Jamaica and we have chose Negril. I am interested in Grand Lido and have read a thread on here concerning new ownership. Has anyone been lately and how was it? I am very confused on where to stay!

Milwaukee, WI.
Level Contributor
3,148 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone have an update on Grand Lido?

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g147313-d147…

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
978 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone have an update on Grand Lido?

The reviews look pretty good. I will be there on July 16th for the day. We always stayed there as BGN and love it. We are at CSA this yr. because at the time we booked, the transition was just getting started and we had know idea how it was going to turn out. Looking forward to our day there at our "home". Will post about it when we get back! FB also has a Grand Lido Negril page that is very informative.

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
1,533 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone have an update on Grand Lido?

the reviews are mixed some are good some are really bad,since the new owner nothing new ,no upgrade,no renovation,no improvement same thing on their facebook page ,nothing...im gonna be there in september for a week and some reviews really scared me!

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
4,430 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone have an update on Grand Lido?

I am curious as to what is drawing you to Grand Lido? Price, location, etc.

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
1,533 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone have an update on Grand Lido?

Exactly:price andd location because normally its expensive this hotel , i was thinking til september they upgrade,improve, refresh or something because this hotel is really dated the GRAND is far ...since my first post in this discussion there is a new really bad review on tripadvisor?

YQG
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,000 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone have an update on Grand Lido?

I'd be interested to hear if there's any sign of this 'diamond club' privilege option... In particular has there an exclusive beach area set up? Is anyone getting scuba included? I've been surprised that the reviews aren't mentioning more improvements.

Looking forward to hearing about your day there, Sheila. Hope you have a great time at CSA.

S.

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
978 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone have an update on Grand Lido?

YQG, looking forward to our day there too, so excited to see friends that are still there! I know we will enjoy CSA. I am planning to ask a lot of questions of management concerning the Diamond Club situation and exactly what will happen after Nov. Really excited to be at both resorts!

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone have an update on Grand Lido?

sheila_mike

It will be interesting to hear what you find out during your day trip to GLN. Will you also ask the hotel manager when the renovations will start and if/when/how long they will close to complete them?

We would like to switch our group booking from Grand Pineapple over New Years week but we feel it too risky not knowing exactly what their plans are.

Enjoy Swept Away, we will be there at the end of the month and can hardly wait. Looking forward to your thoughts about your stay at CSA.

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
978 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone have an update on Grand Lido?

Negril, sure will ask about the renovations. I feel they will do it block by block but will ask what their schedule is.5 and a wake up!!!!!

Nashville
Level Contributor
463 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone have an update on Grand Lido?

Blonde

Actually price and location both seem really good. Really want to stay in Negril, also place with some action. Nice calm water, nice beach.