We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One Love Bus Crawl

Scranton...
Level Contributor
2,473 posts
135 reviews
Save Topic
One Love Bus Crawl

Saw the reviews for this and it looks like a lot of fun. I just have a couple questions/concerns before booking it:

1. It is free of charge, but what tip is suggested? I have no idea what we are expected to tip.

2. How many hours does the entire bus crawl take? About how long are you at each stop. Long enough to eat?

3. I have some safety concerns. Is it during the day or evening hours? For those who have been on it before, was it safe?

4. Some reviews said the bus only holds about 16 people, but some had over 40 on their bus. I would hope it doesn't overbook that much!

5. My husband and I are not big drinkers. I wasn't sure if the bus will be filled with drunk people being obnoxious...like one review said. I would like to see other parts of Negril and we would have a few drinks along the way, but we aren't going to get totally wasted...at least we don't plan on it!!

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
315 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One Love Bus Crawl

1. It's free, tip what you feel its worth, my wife and I tipped $30 as a couple. We went twice It is that much fun.

2. About 5 hours or so.

3. Totally safe, Lenbert will take great care of you. We got on the bus at about 2:30 PM and were back at the resort around 7:30PM

4. Yes, its packed probably a 16 seater...every seat is taken (sometime two per seat) and people standing in the aisle.

5. My wife and I aren't huge drinkers either, we usually bought one beer at each stop and just shared the drink. The dynamic of the bus changes as the evening goes on. Everyone is pretty quiet on the first couple of stops then folks start to open up a little. Filled with "drunk people being obnoxious"...No, not at all, filled with people enjoying themselves, absolutely.

We loved this! It was such a great time...not to be missed. You can read my review of the experience, I would do this again and again and again...

Enjoy!

Ocala, Florida
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios, Negril, Montego Bay
Level Contributor
2,199 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One Love Bus Crawl

We are here in Negril right now and we are booked to go for our second time 7/17. We had a blast last year. There was food available at 2 of the places we stopped last year. Our bus was full but everyone had a seat--- but I think the more popular it gets the more crowded it will be. We tipped Lenbert $20 for the 2 of us. We left at 2:30 and were back by 8:00.

Scranton...
Level Contributor
2,473 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One Love Bus Crawl

Did you book online or through the hotel?

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
315 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One Love Bus Crawl

Send Lenbert an email:

bananaznegril@hotmail.com

Let him know what dates you are interested in going and what resort you will be staying at.

Ocala, Florida
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,199 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One Love Bus Crawl

You just send Lenbert an email --- sorry, I don't have it here with me right now, but I am sure someone will post it for you .

South Jersey
Level Contributor
324 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One Love Bus Crawl

We just did this last week and had a blast. Totally safe.

I had a beer at our first bar and water for the next 5 then a mixed drink at our last stop.

We met a lovely couple from England and i learned how to play dominoes!!!!!

None of the other people were obnoxiously drunk but everyone seemed to be feeling pretty good.

I highly recommend this.

Scranton...
Level Contributor
2,473 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: One Love Bus Crawl

Thanks so much for the info and email address. I am going to book this. I will figure $20-$30 for tip and about how much spending money for food and drinks on the tour? I have no idea what a drink would even cost in Jamaica.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
315 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: One Love Bus Crawl

When we went last month drink prices varied from $3-7 US per drink...Didn't eat so can't comment on the prices of food. We too were at CSA, so we ate a late lunch at Sea Grapes before getting on the bus and had dinner when we got back to the resort.

I hope you enjoy!

Camrose, Canada
Level Contributor
2,971 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: One Love Bus Crawl

In April, one of the stops had a little buffet set out and included a beer for about $5. That can vary though. Drinks at Xtabi aren't cheap but you have to have one of their dirty bananas, best in Negril, $6.

Lenbert is very safe and a great host.

Ocala, Florida
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,199 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: One Love Bus Crawl

Altogether we spent almost $100---but we did not convert to Jamaican dollars and we did eat at the small buffet and had pizza at Bella Dona's where we were not able to get any change either in US or Jamaican and we bought about 2 drinks at every stop.