We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excursions from resorts - Negril

Kansas City
Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Excursions from resorts - Negril

Thanks for stopping by. Im staying at Hedo II for 5 nights and would like to do a couple of excursions. What would you recommend? I was thinking parasailing, maybe a zip line, something like that. Since its only a 5 night trip would like something that is close commute to the resort so that I could do a couple of mornings or an afternoon or two and then have the rest of the time on the beach.

Regards

Chris

Gallatin, TN
Level Contributor
1,744 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excursions from resorts - Negril

Not sure if it's too late for this reply. I just returned from Negril yesterday (Sunday 7/21). I highly recommend the catamaran, snorkeling, Pirate Cave and Rick's package. We went Friday and had a great time. However, I will also mention that other people at our resort (RIU Palace Tropical Bay) went and said the water was pretty choppy and several got sick. Also heard a few trips to the pirate cave had t be cancelled b/c of the chop in the water. Also heard the YS Falls pkg is very good. Good luck!! Karen

United States
Level Contributor
12,228 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excursions from resorts - Negril

For some great things to do see the following

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g147313-c151729/Negri…

"I was thinking parasailing"

You can do this from the beach at most Negril hotels.

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
885 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Excursions from resorts - Negril

Skip Ricks and go past it a bit to LTU Pub----cool local/expat vibe, good food and drinks and a great view...

Appleton, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Excursions from resorts - Negril

The YS Falls trip is nice and has a small zip line. It does take over an hour to get to, but it is a nice falls. Ziplining in Montego Bay is better because it is a much larger course. That takes about two hours to get to. Bother take over a half a day on the organized trips.

Camrose, Canada
Level Contributor
2,975 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Excursions from resorts - Negril

Not an active excursion, but consider the One Love Bar Crawl - a good way to tour small cliff properties and see what Negril is like.

Cali
Level Contributor
577 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Excursions from resorts - Negril

Definitely pass on Rick's and try Ivan's instead if you want a romantic quiet place for dinner- great food and service. There's also Mayfield Falls ( check out their website) where you walk up the falls. Very fun tour and nothing like Dunn's River!! Mayfield is only about an hour from Negril

7. Re: Excursions from resorts - Negril

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2014, 05:17