We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NON-AL suggestions

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Canal Winchester...
Level Contributor
1,212 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
NON-AL suggestions

Just found out my kids have a week off school in October and are considering Negril; we have been to MB several times. Looking for a reasonably priced non-AL on the beach that would be located a short walking distance (have a 6 and 8 year old) to cheap local eats / roadside stands. I had heard about Country Country but they appear to be sold out. Any other places I should look at?

Thanks!

Canada
Level Contributor
93 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NON-AL suggestions

I would suggest Coco La Palm. Lots of different room choices. Very safe, friendly and clean. Great location. We also really like the Rondel. Great villas with lots of room, full size fridges. Beautiful verandas with a hammock. The beach isn't the widest. But they do have a nice courtyard that is behind a fence. Try going to negrilonestop.com. They have excellent pictures and videos on many of the non-all inclusives. Great people.

san francisco
Level Contributor
1,768 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NON-AL suggestions

Hi beau377, Both the Tree House and Nirvana might work for you. If you want more budget I can recommend the Negril Yoga Centre, but they are across the road from the beach. Have a great trip.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
2,938 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NON-AL suggestions

I'm surprised Country Country would be sold out in October. Did you look on their website calendar? Thats not always accurate. I would ask at Negrilonestop.com - they have 1 free night specials (when staying 7) for that time of year. Or email hotel directly to ask. Some booking sites such as Expedia only have so many rooms to sell at each property and then indicate "sold out", when in fact there are vacant rooms. Anyway, I have stayed at CC twice, once with my teen son, and we both loved it. Anny's restaurant just north has really good food, really cheap (~ $10 for 2 chicken/pork dinners), eat in, take out or delivery. CC has great included breakfasts.

Coco would be good too, or Charela or Crystal Waters Villas (inbetween CC & Margaritaville). They (Crystal Waters) have a swimming pool, each villa has a kitchen/living area, housekeeper that will cook for you if you like (and shop too)...nice beach with palapas and playground...bigger beach than Rondel & Rondel has no shade on the beach. I also don't care for the Rondel area as much as other properties mentioned.

Canal Winchester...
Level Contributor
1,212 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: NON-AL suggestions

Thanks everyone for the suggestions! Coco looks great! I will definetely check CC again!!

Santa Rosa Beach...
Destination Expert
for Negril
Level Contributor
3,317 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: NON-AL suggestions

Coco is a great choice with children, good food and plenty of places to eat close by plus you have a great beach with calm water, negrilonestop has excellent sales plus you get continental breakfast with stay, good burgers and fries at the grill for lunch and good pizza also.

Seattle
Level Contributor
42,186 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: NON-AL suggestions

I like Charela Inn but read on the forum something about "construction". So I'd check that. They have some lovely rooms big enough for a family, that open directly on to the beach.

roxbury, ma
Level Contributor
8,160 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: NON-AL suggestions

get a phone card and call directly (ringyard.com) I never use a site as calling gives you the best prices on small hotels!

If you want a large room with no frills cheap...try Coral Seas Garden...they have a pool and are right accross the street from the beach (Bar-b-barn) where I also stay but the nicest rooms are too small for a family (one bed).

PEACE!

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
2,938 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: NON-AL suggestions

You won't get a better deal contacting CC than Negrilonestop's free night special (if applicable). I also didn't have any luck negotiating a better price (than online) with Charela. The more budget places are the ones that are more open to negotiation.

9. Re: NON-AL suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2014, 07:18