We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel near Reggae Marathon start that isn't Couples/Beaches?

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lutz, FL
Level Contributor
412 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel near Reggae Marathon start that isn't Couples/Beaches?

My husband and I have been to Negril many times but have always stayed on the cliffs, so we aren't familiar with the beach. We plan to run the half marathon in December and really don't want to stay at an AI...can anyone suggest another, smaller, property that would be reasonably close to the start/finish line? Thanks!!

Illinois
Level Contributor
5,130 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel near Reggae Marathon start that isn't Couples/Beaches?

As you know the start line is by Beaches Negril and CSA. Look at the Negril beach map to see resorts close to CSA:

media.tripod.lycos.com/2567851/2007898.pdf

Also the onestop negril site gives you a nice map of the the hotels near CSA.

www.negrilonestop.com/beachresorts.shtml

Also the Reggae Marathon website mentions some travel specials for participants:

http://www.reggaemarathon.com

Have fun and good luck with the race.

Lutz, FL
Level Contributor
412 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel near Reggae Marathon start that isn't Couples/Beaches?

Just what I needed! Thanks so much for the help!! Does anyone have any input/preferences for one over the other?

Edited: 01 August 2013, 01:38
Illinois
Level Contributor
5,130 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel near Reggae Marathon start that isn't Couples/Beaches?

If you are wanting to do some training while in Negril, you may like Idle Awhile. It has an excellent reputation, nice beach location, short walk on the road to the starting line, only 14 rooms and has access to the CSA sports complex.

Monroe NY
Level Contributor
285 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel near Reggae Marathon start that isn't Couples/Beaches?

You also might try Coco La Palm right next to Idle Awhile or Country Country which is a little closer to the start. I know some of the runners are staying at Coco. I would bet that Idle Awhile is already booked.

Spfld Missouri
Level Contributor
157 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel near Reggae Marathon start that isn't Couples/Beaches?

Idle Awhile is booked. I'll be staying at CoCo La Palm. I think its pretty close to the starting line. There will be shuttles, so no worries. Can't wait, I have wanted to run this one for a couple years.

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel near Reggae Marathon start that isn't Couples/Beaches?

FLChick

CSA is not an option anyway as it has been sold out the night of December 7 for quite some time, CN has been sold out the night of December 6 for quite some time. We have friends staying at CN (hoping to sneak up on a cancellation at CSA) who are running in the marathon and considered joining them a couple months ago and staying only for a long weekend as we already have a trip to Negril booked at the end of December.

As of July 3 CocoLaPalm still had availability for the weekend as well as December 6 for 7 nights and we almost booked a long weekend as we love CLP, but we decided to make the marathon next year when we can stay at least a week at CSA.

CocoLaPalm would be a great option for you if they still have availability.

Have fun, it's a great event!

Negril, Jamaica
Level Contributor
197 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel near Reggae Marathon start that isn't Couples/Beaches?

Seawind Resort has rooms . Very close to start. Rates are $133/ night and includes breakfast 876-957-9018 or info@seawindresort.jm

Best Pasta Party is at Couples Sweot Away - Get there when they open the doors for a good seat

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
2,938 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel near Reggae Marathon start that isn't Couples/Beaches?

Is Treehouse booked Gail? I assume so as you suggested Seawind! Seawind is about the closest. Shouldn't be an issue though with the shuttles. I was at Country Country last year the day of the race, not sure, but don't think it was 100% booked. One or two runners were staying there. Great little place to stay. If staying for 7 nights, you get one night free when booking through Negrilonestop.com. Friends got a great deal for Coco over that time period on booking.com a few weeks ago.

Edited: 03 August 2013, 02:31
Negril, Jamaica
Level Contributor
197 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel near Reggae Marathon start that isn't Couples/Beaches?

Also Seasplash hotel has rooms . None at Treehouse

Lutz, FL
Level Contributor
412 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel near Reggae Marathon start that isn't Couples/Beaches?

Thank you all so much for the great replies! I posted this earlier this week and then forgot to keep checking back..now that I have some time to refocus again, I'm back to looking. :) Hubby and I are only planning to stay on the beach over the weekend for the race and then head up to the cliffs either Sunday or Monday, but from the sound of it, I better get booking or we're going to end up hiking down from the cliffs from the get go! :) We're so looking forward to this race, especially since it will be my husbands first half. :)