We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Favorite Foods Couples Negril

Illinois
Level Contributor
5,180 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Favorite Foods Couples Negril

I have contributed to numerous threads asking about favorite foods at CSA, but I just did a search, and I could not find a similar topic for CN. I have read all the reviews about the food being excellent, but can anyone give me more specifics, other then the Lychee Pad Thai and the Appetizer sampler at Lychee.

Also, it appears Cassava has buffets on Monday and Saturday. I was thinking about dining at Cassava on Saturday, and trying the buffet, any thoughts ? How is Cassava the other nights when it is a la carte?

Also, just a clarification, men need long pants for Otaheite and Lychee, and my husband will also need a pair of long pants for the Repeater's dinner on Monday night ( getting prepared for packing) ? I was also planning on Otaheite for Friday Lobster night, any thoughts ?

I am down to 11 days, so ANY recommendations for my trip will be appreciated : )

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,067 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Favorite Foods Couples Negril

We never tried Cassava for dinner as we are not buffet fans.

At Otaheite, the lobster was less than impressive but the filet was excellent. The posted menu showed rack of lamb as an option but the menu at the restaurant was not as posted.

We like the sushi appetizer platter at Lychee.

At The Grille, the grilled fish wrap and jerk chicken were both good.

The repeaters dinner was very good. There was a pumpkin soup that was excellent and they served a surf and turf. I took a pass on the lobster but my husband said it was much better than we had at Otaheite.

They did request long pants for me at the Repeaters dinner and all complied except one and he looked totally out of place.

florida
Level Contributor
318 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Favorite Foods Couples Negril

Thanks for posting this NM :) We leave in 23 days for CN. Have a wonderful time!!!

Phoenix, Az
Level Contributor
471 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Favorite Foods Couples Negril

My favorite food at CN is the Jerk Chicken. I had it almost every day in June. I love the Rack of Lamb at Otaheite. Have a great time. I envy you.

Sally

Stamford, Ct
Level Contributor
750 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Favorite Foods Couples Negril

Men do not need long pants for Lychee. My husband has wore shorts there. Only time he needs long pants is for Otaheite and the repeaters dinner. I also envy you. I have 261 days to go, unless I win the Power Ball tomorrow night, then I will be there much sooner.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
461 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Favorite Foods Couples Negril

I agree- get the filet at Otaheite. It was excellent. They had some dessert there that was cookies with dipping sauces and although it sounds simple was very tasty.

We did lobster at Heliconia and although it was good, the service that night was the only bad service we got the entire trip. I think more people showed up for dinner there than they had planned.

We ate at Lychee twice and I enjoyed both meals. They had a good lychee martini- so good I drank it too fast and the waitress brought me another without asking.

I think at least half of my lunches were from the beach grill- jerk chicken or patties. That way we didn't have to walk ALL the way from our beach spot to the buffet.

Enjoy your trip.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
461 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Favorite Foods Couples Negril

It looks like now there is a slacks requirement at Lychee

LYCHEE (DINNER)

Dress: Elegant casual. Shirts, slacks and closed-toe shoes or dress sandals for the gentlemen and summer dresses for the ladies. No flip flops, T-shirts, shorts, jeans, sneakers, or hats are allowed. Jacket is optional.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,067 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Favorite Foods Couples Negril

<Men do not need long pants for Lychee.>

They do for the Repeaters Dinner and it is noted on the invitation.

Stamford, Ct
Level Contributor
750 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Favorite Foods Couples Negril

When did the long pants requirement start for Lychee? We were there in April and my husband and our friend wore shorts. Like I said, I only remember Pat wearing long pants for Otaheite and the repeaters dinner. Oh yes, and for favorite food, I love the duck at Otaheite. Pat enjoyed the filet. But I think anything you order at Otaheite is excellent.

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Favorite Foods Couples Negril

I've had beef tenderloins ranging from very bad to excellent in 6 trips to CN. The lobster has always been good, but like anywhere there are off nights. I would say that the food at CN is excellent about 95% of the time. My favorites are the Lobster Bisque and Crab Cakes.

Illinois
Level Contributor
5,180 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Favorite Foods Couples Negril

needstogetaway- I was a little confused about dress code also for Lychee. I have read comments that the only restaurant that requires long pants is Otaheite, however, as you posted the Couples website also states Lychee, I was not sure if that was an old or new requirement.

My husband always wears Long pants for the repeater's dinner, and I just wanted to make sure that has not changed, thanks CG.

I am also not a buffet fan, but while at CTI, they had a great buffet. The food stations were in front of the area that the food was cooked, so, the food was actually cooked up fresh with each serving ( not just a pile it into the buffet container type of food). I was not sure how they did the buffets at CN.

Still debating Lobster night. I only get lobster once a year, so I am considering eating it at 2 restaurants. I have read other placed that Heliconia had good lobster, Maybe a early meal at Heliconia or Otaheite, and then a late night snack at Lychee or Cassava of lobster.

I will not forget to try the Lychee martini and the sushi appetizer, both sound great !

Thanks for the suggestions thus far !