We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Couples Negril or Couples Swept Away

New York City, New...
7 posts
Save Topic
Couples Negril or Couples Swept Away

We are planning a short trip to negril- can't decide between CN or CSA. What one do you prefer and why?

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
4,455 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Couples Negril or Couples Swept Away

There are soooooooo many threads debating the differemces between the resorts that if you do a search, you will find thousands.

It all comes down to what is important to you and which one calls to you the most.

New York
Level Contributor
705 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Couples Negril or Couples Swept Away

Do you think there will be any sales for Dec/Feb???

Illinois
Level Contributor
5,219 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Couples Negril or Couples Swept Away

They just had one a few weeks ago on the Wednesday special. Also, Couples announced on their message board that rates will increase, and resort credits will go bye bye after august 15. Remember, you can book, and if price drops before 45 days of travel, you can rebook at the lower rate.

Look at the pictures and see what resort appeals more to you,. More information is needed to make a recommendation.

New York City, New...
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Couples Negril or Couples Swept Away

Well we are in our mid 30's, looking to spend some quality adult time alone with out our small children. I love the beach, hubby likes to do water sports. We just want to relax, read some books, chill at the bar and listen to some live music.

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Couples Negril or Couples Swept Away

tinkerbelx

Welcome to the TA Negril Forum! We have been to both CN and CSA and have enjoyed each of our stays over the years with many more stays at CSA, most recently in July. We prefer CSA location on the Long Bay section of the 7 Mile Beach (CN is on the Bloody Bay section of 7 Mile) convenient to local shops, beach bars, beach parties and restaurants. We love the sports complex and a la carte options for lunch at Patios and Seagrape. We like the tropical foliage lining the pathways throughout the property and the villa style buildings and large verandahs (balconies and patios). We also have come to know several of the staff members over the years and it is always nice to catch up with them when we return.

You will find everyone has their favorite for different reasons, neither one of the Couples Resorts in Negril is better just different. It is a very personal choice depending on your vacation style. Agree with Blondie, there are many threads on this very subject which you can find by entering the title of your post in the search box above your post; however, I am sure you will receive responses to this thread as there are many passionate Couples fans on this forum.

Enjoy your research and enjoy Negril!

New York City, New...
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Couples Negril or Couples Swept Away

Thank you! i have two other questions- being that its a short trip we were thinking about getting a flight from mobay to negril? i think of it like an excursion- thought you would get to see the island from the air. Also is it hard to get reservations for dinner we are going at the end of this month and i don't want to be stuck eating a buffet every night?

St. Charles, MO
Level Contributor
1,839 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Couples Negril or Couples Swept Away

We recently had to make the same decision: CSA or CN. Here are the most significant differences that I recall from our analysis.

CSA is a little larger and has more dining options. CN only has buffet for breakfast, CSA has buffet and ala carte.

CSA is on Long Bay, near other small bars and restaurants. CN is on Bloody Bay, near only other large AI resorts. Long Bay is busier with vendors and other traffic. Bloody Bay is quieter.

CSA has a great sports complex. CN does not.

CN has a much larger pool and swim-up bar. CSA's swim up bar is kinda small.

CSA has atrium suites that are unique in their design. They are kind of open air and have wonderful balconies. CN does not have rooms of this type. To understand the atrium suites you need to see the pictures and 360 degree views on the couples web site.

We decided on Couples Negril for the quieter beach environment and the larger swim-up bar. But to be honest, it was a pretty close call. If for some reason we were transferred to CSA, we would not be upset at all.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
410 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Couples Negril or Couples Swept Away

We took TimAir from MBJ to Negril in November and treated it as an excursion as well. It's well worth it if you are only there for a short time. We paid around $120 per person one-way.

Illinois
Level Contributor
5,219 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Couples Negril or Couples Swept Away

At CSA, There is Patois, which is very good, and it is a la carte for all meals ( including breakfast). Also, the " buffet " restaurant the Palms, is only buffet certain nights. Otherwise it is a la carte menu with a pasta station and salad bar ( and I think a large dessert station). It is low season, so Feathers and Lemongrass should not be a problem ( the reservation restaurants).

At CN, only 1 restaurant is reservations. You can only book up to 3 days in advance, so as long as you are staying more then 3 days it will not be a problem. The other 3 restaurants that do not require reservations are also a la carte, with one being buffet for dinner only 3 days out of the week.

When you arrive, just book your reservation restaurants , and the catamaran cruise. People who can not get into the restaurants or the catamaran is due to them waiting until the last minute to do it.

Either resort would make a great trip !

Edited: 13 August 2013, 16:29
Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
4,455 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Couples Negril or Couples Swept Away

I would definetly recommend taking the flight from Mobay to Negril, either Tim Air or Internation Airlink, we have used them several times and will be using them again in just a short 23 days.......woohoo!