We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MBJ - Negril transfers

Rockwall, Texas
Level Contributor
892 posts
228 reviews
Save Topic
MBJ - Negril transfers

What do these generally run? I can book ours through our resort for $90 each way for both of us.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
2,945 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: MBJ - Negril transfers

Holy.....that's pricey! Unless you are more than two people. Are you staying beach or cliffs? Beach, you can get RETURN for 2 people for $100 (Kingsley James) and up to $140 (or apparently more, as you were quoted). If staying cliffs, it may be slightly more...maybe $10 more each way.

Which resort are you staying at?

Edited: 14 August 2013, 06:43
Midland, Texas
Level Contributor
55 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: MBJ - Negril transfers

For $90 each way (and I'm assuming you mean driving) I'd just pay a little extra and fly from MBJ to Negril. It's about $110 for Airlink and I was just quoted at $140 for TimAir ($118 if you can find another pair to share with). The flight is like 15-20 minutes whereas driving will take over an hour. If you're interested that's definitely something I'd look into. :)

Rockwall, Texas
Level Contributor
892 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: MBJ - Negril transfers

We are staying on the cliffs at The Caves. Maybe I need to check this out.

United States
Level Contributor
11,470 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: MBJ - Negril transfers

See the following

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g147313-s301/Negril:J…

I always use one of the FREE methods and never have paid anything in all my trips to Negril. If you are paying for a transfer by road (if you are driving) then $US90 one way is a top of the market for private transfers. A shared transfer in a van runs about $US20 per person one way. See the reference above for your other options.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
2,945 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: MBJ - Negril transfers

Saria, are you sure those flight prices aren't pp? Those prices sound really low vs other prices I've seen posted on TA.

Cali
Level Contributor
575 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: MBJ - Negril transfers

Yeah, I thought TimAir was around $130. pp!!

Telluride, Colorado
Level Contributor
224 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: MBJ - Negril transfers

I have used Clives for years. $30 each way.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
732 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: MBJ - Negril transfers

Just booked last night with Kingsley for November at $100 for two people return (so $25 each, each way). I think it is a great price and he is supposed to be among the best.

NC
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: MBJ - Negril transfers

How long is the transfer by car from MBJ to Negril? Trying to decide Car vs. Plane...

United States
Level Contributor
11,470 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: MBJ - Negril transfers

The drive, by van or taxi, from MBJ to Negril takes about 1 hr. 15 min. for a hotel at the north end of town, such as the RIU Clubhotel, and up. The time depends on road conditions and which hotel you are staying at. The plane takes about 15 min. but you will need to use a taxi in Negril to get to your hotel from the Negril airport which can take 15 min. in some cases.