We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jamaica weather October/November

Coventry, UK
Level Contributor
184 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Jamaica weather October/November

We are visiting the beautiful island of Jamaica 26th October - 4th November 2013, what is the weather like at this time of the year?

Milwaukee, WI.
Level Contributor
3,148 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jamaica weather October/November

www.weather2travel.com/october/jamaica/

United States
Level Contributor
12,203 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jamaica weather October/November

October is rainy season in Jamaica. There is a chance of rain almost every day, mainly in the afternoon and early evening. October is also hurricane season on the island (possible but only a small chance).

Coventry, UK
Level Contributor
184 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jamaica weather October/November

Thanks for the replies guys

As long as its hot I'm happy, having spent my last holiday in NYC last December I can't wait for some tropical sunshine :)

I've got to say i love tripadvisor, I like to do my research before going places and these forums give some great answers and advice

Edited: 18 August 2013, 16:54
Inuvik, Canada
Level Contributor
1,024 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jamaica weather October/November

We travel to JA just about every Nov. and yes we have experienced a little rain most days, late in the day right around nap time, hehe..rarely has the rain affected our fun. We are arriving Nov. 5th, can not wait.

Camrose, Canada
Level Contributor
2,975 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jamaica weather October/November

I would suggest ensuring that your insurance covers hurricanes, just in case. I was there the last week of November last year and it only rained once during the day, mid afternoon drizzling into early evening.

Grand Haven...
Level Contributor
481 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jamaica weather October/November

We have traveled to Negril in Oct./Nov. for years and love being there this time of year. So far we have been blessed with no hurricanes and only an occasional brief shower mid afternoon followed by amazing sunsets. If it is considered rainy season it is certainty near the end of it based on our experience :).

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,151 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jamaica weather October/November

As I've said on other threads, as long as there is no hurricane, be a happy camper! :)

Two hurricanes have come right at the end of October and messed up our travel plans, so just be safe rather than sorry and make sure you have trip insurance. Preferrably with a "cancel for any reason waiver".

Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jamaica weather October/November

Your best bet would be to roll the dice, because it just to hard to forecast the weather in jamacia. But I can tell you that you should be ready for some serious humidity. Daytime pempreture might be say around 85 to 90 degrees with about 80 percent humidity, you can leave your lotion home. I'll be in negril from October 22nd to the 30th. I can tell you one thing you'll have a great time.

Edited: 21 September 2013, 21:49
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jamaica weather October/November

Your best bet would be to roll the dice, because it just to hard to forecast the weather in jamacia. But I can tell you that you should be ready for some serious humidity. Daytime pempreture might be say around 85 to 90 degrees with about 80 percent humidity, you can leave your lotion home. I'll be in negril from October 22nd to the 30th. I can tell you one thing you'll have a great time.

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
131 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jamaica weather October/November

I went around that time last year. Its rains about noon time and the sun dries the rain up so fast,you couldnt even tell it had rained.