We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ESPN at Grand Lido Negril

Lakeland, Florida
Level Contributor
250 posts
Save Topic
ESPN at Grand Lido Negril

I just looked at the schedule and see that MY team will be playing on Monday Night Football while we are in Jamaica. It doesn't sound like there's a heck of a lot going on there at night anyway, so would love to see them on TV if the game is on. I also seem to remember that sometimes in the Caribbean, the ESPN feed is NOT the North American feed, so the game might not be on anyway. IF it is on, I'm assuming without knowing that we'd have to watch in the room--no bars with TVs in them on property?

As an alternative, I think someone said there's a sports bar somewhere in Negril? How far is that from GLN and what would a cab be to there?

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
167 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ESPN at Grand Lido Negril

The main bar has TVs, though I don't know if they would have ESPN. I remember watching cricket one of the nights I was hanging out there. The cable in the rooms seems to carry a south Florida package, most of the local news broadcasts were based in that area.

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
Lakeland, Florida
Level Contributor
250 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: ESPN at Grand Lido Negril

OK, thanks for the reply. I know that cricket is very popular in JA and they don't think much of American football there.

Do you know anything about the sports bar in the Negril area?

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,162 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ESPN at Grand Lido Negril

I can't really help with your question, but Sandals has always had ESPN, so I'm sure they can get it on the island. Your hotel may have it, and I don't think you'll have any issue getting it at a sports bar.

I just have to say, I am so happy you are planning to watch football while you're there, too! People always say to me "you go the whole way to Jamaica and watch football?". Yes! We love football, so we still love it if we're in Jamaica. And then we get to watch it by the beach. What could be better??? Enjoy! :)

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Lakeland, Florida
Level Contributor
250 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: ESPN at Grand Lido Negril

OK, thanks. I figured they would have it there. That's encouraging other resorts have it.

As far as watching football on vacation, I doubt very seriously I will miss any SUN time to watch football, but my team will be on Monday Night Football while I'm there, so I will be watching it, if I can, as it's a big game. We love football too, so it's great entertainment for us. We may go to a sports bar, as that's more fun than sitting in the room, but free drinks at the resort is good too.. :) GLN is not a 'party' kind of place regardless, so don't think I would be missing too much, watching football at night. LOL!

home
Level Contributor
120 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ESPN at Grand Lido Negril

Don't know about the resort however there is a bar which shows all nfl games short walk down the beach past sandals

Lakeland, Florida
Level Contributor
250 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: ESPN at Grand Lido Negril

Would it be safe to walk there at night? Would hate to get taken out by a crazy Jamaican driver...

7. Re: ESPN at Grand Lido Negril

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2014, 07:20