We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hedonism 2

Montreal, Canada
5 posts
Save Topic
Hedonism 2

Are there any younger couples (in their 30s ) at hedonism 2? From all photos we saw it looks lime much older crowd. Should we be looking at another resort? We a looking for place where we can go naked on the beach or/and pool and where we can party with open minded couples our age (30s)

Appreciate all help.

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont, Ormond Beach
Level Contributor
9,209 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hedonism 2

The mix of ages varies a bit week-to-week. It typically is indeed skewed towards an older crowd, but everyone tends to be very sociable and mix easily. We've been ~30 times and the ages of guests has ranged something like this:

20s: 5-10%

30s: 5-15%

40s: 20-40%

50s: 20-30%

60s & up: 20-40%

There are some younger groups that are now going, since Hedo 3 closed. Lovevoodoo is one. You can get some info on when the younger groups are going from Denny on DennyP.con, or from the resort directly.

Edited: 21 August 2013, 02:14
Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1 post
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hedonism 2

I would suggest contacting Castaways Travel. They specialize in nude vacations and are experts on the various resorts. Hedo is sponsoring a "young swingers" event in 2014. I have used Castaways for several years and have gone on the Lovevoodoo trip twice. Mostly late 30's and up. There are not that many nude, lifstyle resorts. you can check out Temptations and Desire too.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
11,866 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hedonism 2

Notwithstanding the data posted about, Hedo offers something that is unique regarding age: there is no real notice of one's age. I know this is hard to believe, especially for folks that have not yet visited the resort. 30-somethings may find themselves hanging out with 40-somethings without taking any notice; may even find that the 40-somethings party more hardy.

Age makes no difference to the Hedo experience. And again I say this is unique to any resort that I have been to and is difficult to believe or perhaps difficult to understand unless you have stayed at Hedo.

So my advice is to keep Hedo on the top of your Holiday resort list. No resort comes close.

Edited: 14 October 2013, 19:25
Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,209 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hedonism 2

Forgot to mention that on the visitor schedule on dennyp.com folks list their ages (as well as # of trips). If anyone's curious about the ages, that's good actual sample data - which at least represents the repeat guests pretty well.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hedonism 2

Hedodivemaster,

I take it with your advise that you are of the older age group. Age does matter to a younger crowd, at least for a lot of folks.

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,209 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hedonism 2

True, though HDM's comments are quite true. It seems that age and social station seem to matter a lot less at Hedo, than at other resorts. And heck, we old folks are fine chatting it up with the youngsters! :)

Montreal, Canada
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hedonism 2

Thanks for advices

Connecticut
Level Contributor
11,866 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hedonism 2

boogerlayne, I knew some would not understand the Hedo vibe where distinctions like age are not important. Other distinctions that are important at other resorts also go unnoticed at Hedo.

Edited: 15 October 2013, 05:04
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
93 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hedonism 2

Hi mmdo69,

My spouse and I are 34 and we're going the 1st week of February. We've been to Hidden Beach where there was only 1 couple close to our age and we still had fun.

I can't think of a clothing optional resort that would guarantee a younger crowd as it is older people who tend to be able to afford to and be comfortable with C/O travel.

Marion, Iowa
Level Contributor
803 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hedonism 2

I agree. The younger ones sometimes are not yet comfortable in their own skin. I know I feel more self conscience of my body and age (41) at other resorts, but not hedo.