We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

new york to montego airport

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
1 review
Save Topic
new york to montego airport

Hi I'm from the UK, doing 5 days in new York then 9 days at cn need to sort out flight from JFK -MBJ, any ideas and apparently it will cost me for checked I n luggage

United States
Level Contributor
11,259 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: new york to montego airport

The best idea, and first thing you should do, is to talk to your travel agent.

The airlines that fly nonstop from JFK to MBJ are: Caribbean, Delta, and Jet Blue. Others can get you there but you go out of your way and change planes in most cases.

"apparently it will cost me for checked I n luggage"

If you buy a ticket that reads JFK to MBJ on an airline like Delta then yes it will. However, you should look into the purchase of a ticket that reads something like LHR-JFK-MBJ or LGW-JFK-MBJ. In a case like this the may be no bag charge depending on the airline and the rules for the flight from the UK to the US. A good travel agent should be able to work this out for you. You can also call the individual airlines like BA, Virgin, Delta, etc. directly.

Edited: 25 August 2013, 17:50
Mattituck, NY
Level Contributor
847 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: new york to montego airport

Caribbean Air does not charge for baggage. Delta and the other US carriers do and will- they will scrape every penny out of you possible.

Ocala, Florida
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios, Negril, Montego Bay
Level Contributor
2,199 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: new york to montego airport

Your first bag on Jet Blue flies for free --- the second bag is $40.

home
Level Contributor
120 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: new york to montego airport

The Caribbean air flight get in mbj at 850 am so you have allday in jamancia

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: new york to montego airport

The first checked bag is free on Delta too for international flights. Also one carry on and one personal item is free. We fly Delta every year to Jamaica.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
139 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: new york to montego airport

My husband and I just flew Delta from JFK to Sangster MBJ last week. It cost us $50 there and another $50 back for our two checked luggage (one bag each). After paying my $50 after arriving in Jamaica, I noticed that three pairs of earrings had been stolen from my bag. It was evident that someone had gone through my belongings, as everything in my makeup bag was scattered about, including the two pairs of earrings that they decided not to steal. Not sure if this happened in Jamaica or NY, but I don't think I will ever fly Delta again.

NJ
Level Contributor
277 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: new york to montego airport

We used jetBlue for our last few trips to Jamaica, Bermuda and St. Lucia.

No charge for our luggage. (one checked bag per person) plus a reasonable carry on.

I do mean reasonable.

We have already booked our next trip to Jamaica but jetBlue has not posted their rates yet.

Speaking with Delta we were advised that there's no charge for one checked bag per person for international flights, plus a carry on.

Shreveport...
Level Contributor
23 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: new york to montego airport

Delta doesn't consider the Caribbean international. If you fly first or business class 1st bag is free. Here's there baggage fees: delta.com/content/…guidelines.

On American the 1st bag is free along with a check on: aa.com/i18n/…

NJ
Level Contributor
277 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: new york to montego airport

Kwanza, thanks for the info. Makes sense for what was posted above. Haven't flown Delta in a long time and will factor that in for our next family trip flights.

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
882 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: new york to montego airport

Delta gives one free bag if using the Skymiles AMEX........