We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Non A/I adults only?

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
rd9
Racine, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
139 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Non A/I adults only?

In very early stages of planning for next year. Need some input and help in answering a few questions we have...

Are there any adult only non A/I's?

Beach or Cliff OK- haven't decided yet

Also budget yet to be determined but hoping to come in less than $200 room/nite.

If not adult only, what are some comments on the number of children there during last week of Sept/first week of Oct?

We're not anti kid, just pro relaxation on vacation!

We've only done AI up to now, but have been to St Lucia, MX, DR, and JA so far.

Any ideas or comments appreciated!

United States
Level Contributor
11,090 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Non A/I adults only?

"Are there any adult only non A/I's? Beach or Cliff OK. Also budget yet to be determined but hoping to come in less than $200 room/nite."

For an adult only non-A/I look at the Spa Retreat on the cliffs. However, this hotel is over $US200 per night.

"If not adult only, what are some comments on the number of children there during last week of Sept/first week of Oct?"

At most hotels the mix of adults to kids changes from day to day. For a definitive answer to your question you would need to call each hotels reservation department.

rd9
Racine, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
139 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Non A/I adults only?

Thx thevinnie, we'll keep that in mind.

Also if anyone has a testimonial they can share such as "went to hotel xxx and there were hardly any kids there" that would be interesting to hear as well. Since we are very early in the process We'd like to narrow it down a bit before making phone calls to individual places....

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
2,938 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Non A/I adults only?

Catcha Falling Star doesn't allow kids under 15. I'm sure there's many more on the cliffs that either don't allow them or you just wouldn't find them there. The cliffs aren't really safe for young kids. Haven't seen many kids at all on the beach and those I have had a laid back vibe too.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
2,938 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Non A/I adults only?

I doubt that there'd be school age kids at that time. I was at Country Country during Feb break and my 15 yr old son and a couple of younger kids were there. They were very mature, nothing obnoxious at all. Was at Coco La Palm in April and didn't see any kids. Appears to be heavily frequented by couples. They have a kids pool and separate adults pool. There's never any guarantee, but Negril just doesn't appear to be a place with many kids at all, at least non AI. There are a few villa hotels like Crystal Waters or some 2 bedrooms at Rondel Village that may attract more families. Otherwise, most travelers are couples with a few singles thrown in. At least that's been my observation over 3 trips in the last 1.5 yrs.

Bodega, California
Level Contributor
14,279 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Non A/I adults only?

I'm not sure when you said you were going (except "next year"). During school holidays you'll find PLENTY of kids around, mostly at the beach hotels. Catcha Falling Star, Tensing Pen and Rockhouse (all on the cliffs) have a limit as to the age of children allowed.

As far as getting a room for under $200 per night in those places - not likely, at least not during high season. If you are going during off season (April 15-December 15) its possible you might catch a break on the room rate at these places.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
2,938 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Non A/I adults only?

For your time the end of Sept/beginning of October, I'm sure there won't be many kids around. Also, for that time, there are rooms at Catcha, Tensing and I assume Rockhouse for under $200/night. Just saw a garden room on booking.com at Tensing for November for $125 plus taxes. Catcha's rooms off season start at $95 plus taxes.

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
7,949 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Non A/I adults only?

Seagrape is another option. 3 private villas (2 seaside, 1 set back in the foliage). Kids are allowed, but we've never seen any there in the 8 or so times we've been. It's a/n friendly, so that probably tends to attract only adults.

Very pretty and relaxing place. Well located, nice staff. Right around $200/nite for the seaside villas off-season.

Calgary
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Non A/I adults only?

Take a look at negrilonestop.com for a variety of options.

Would check out Country Country, Charela, Idle A While, CoCo La Palm for beach and

Tensing Pen, Catcha Falling Star, Banana Shout, and Xtabi in the cliffs

Not a lot of kids in Negril compared to many other destinations

Santa Rosa Beach...
Destination Expert
for Negril
Level Contributor
3,317 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Non A/I adults only?

Coco La Palm has a great beach, mostly adults and very few children if any, we have been in April, Sept and Dec and one time in August when there were a few families with small children but the rest of the stays it was adult couples, great location, close to many bars and restaurants, take a look at negrilonestop.com for a variety place to stay on the beach or the cliffs.

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
882 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Non A/I adults only?

Seconding Seagrape Villas, especially Wildgrape cottage----we will be there mid october, and like the previous comment, never seen kids there in my 10 years or so---definitely clothing optional.....