We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Samsara and Legends Resorts

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
North Carolina
Level Contributor
359 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Samsara and Legends Resorts

I have been going through all the posts and can't find an answer to my question, for anyone who has stayed at Samsara if you have the all inclusive plan can you order from the menu or do you just have to eat the food that they serve? I thought I read somewhere that there is a menu at the bar that all inclusive people can order from. thanks

Mayville, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,377 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Samsara and Legends Resorts

SamSara/Legends no longer has an ala-carte menu for A/I guests....strictly buffet for all 3 meals.

thunder bay
Level Contributor
293 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Samsara and Legends Resorts

Harleymom,Samsara is the best kept secret in Negril and the food is good but there are many good places to eat on the cliffs so AI is not really the best thing there unless you have special requirements.Ciao Jamaica,Three Dives and Xtabi are all close to name a few.We have had many good meals,day and night at Samsara but never got tied down with AI.great service.Have fun

Trempealeau
Level Contributor
146 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Samsara and Legends Resorts

Best kept secret? That's good to hear, cause most reviews say otherwise. I've thought about booking there, but haven't cause of reviews. Same as Legends. Price is right too. Hhmm?

san francisco
Level Contributor
1,768 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Samsara and Legends Resorts

HI Harleymom, Staying at Samsara is like throwing dice. You might get lucky. I would avoid the AI though. I have heard the food is crap. There are so many good budget alternatives around. You can do better for the same price in both places and food. Try Xtabi, Banana Shout, Catcha (a budget room beats any room at Samsara) or Citronella. Have a great vacation.

Mayville, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,377 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Samsara and Legends Resorts

Personally, we enjoy the A/I option at SamSara/Legends ~~ good, homemade Jamaican fare that you don't normally find at all-inclusive properties....

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Samsara and Legends Resorts

How much is the AI option $ upcharge per person per day?

Bodega, California
Level Contributor
14,272 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Samsara and Legends Resorts

Love that - "best kept secret" - I stayed at SamSara for 11 years in a row my last stay there was 10 years ago. They were around back during my first trip to Negril in '83!

I adored "my" Pillar House - T4, each and every year.

One thing I never adored there was the food unfortunately but as mentioned there are tons of places to eat within walking distance in either direction. Its also located in a great neighborhood with great local bar action (No Limit and PeeWees in particular).

Hanover, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Samsara and Legends Resorts

you do have a choice also...do AI for a couple days...or not.

We planned on doing the ai bur ended up that we didnt because of all the options so close by. BUT it was really cool to have the choice.

9. Re: Samsara and Legends Resorts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2014, 06:19