We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please Help !! Need To Book Soon

Brantford
Level Contributor
676 posts
Save Topic
Please Help !! Need To Book Soon

Hi ,

Sorry if I have posted all over the place , just getting confused with all this reading and researching different resorts. Im sort of a TA addict and making myself crazy LOL. I do this everytime we plan a holiday, looking for the perfect resort for my husband and I. Usually go to Cuba, but did visit the Royal Decameron Mo Bay last April. Ok so I narrowed it down to Riu Palace Tropical Bay or Riu Negril. My question is which of the 2 has a more fun vibe day and night ? We are a couple in our late 40s but like to have a good time with music, fun games, silly contests, dancing and of course lots of drinks too. What we don't want is rowdy drunkiness, puking in the pool type. I sure it happens but don't want it to be a regular thing lol. Another thing is we don't really care about the beach as we don't go in the water. And lastly we both have some minor mobility issues so we want a resort that is easy to get around, not too spread out to get anywhere. I think that about sums it up. Sorry for the long post but wanted to get all our wants and needs taken into consideration. If you could give your opinion/suggestion which of these 2 resorts you would recommend , please help.. Thanks

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,501 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Please Help !! Need To Book Soon

With consideration to mobility issues both resorts will be a problem for you. They are very spread out. Please look at this link which shows both in satellite imagery and zoom in on each as needed.

wikimapia.org/…b

Kansas, USA
Level Contributor
342 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please Help !! Need To Book Soon

We have stayed the Riu Negril and had a great time. The nightly entertainment was very good. There is a disco as well, I haven't stayed at the Tropical Bay but heard it wasn't as lively as Riu Negril and doesn't have a disco. If you request a room in block 1 you wouldn't have to walk as far to your room. Also if you stay at Tropical Bay you can use Riu Negril but not the other way around you cannot use Tropical Bay if you are staying at Riu Negril.

Camrose, Canada
Level Contributor
2,977 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please Help !! Need To Book Soon

If you don't care about the beach, I wouldn't go to Negril. Just find a smaller, easily accessible resort in Mobay that offers what you want.

Brantford
Level Contributor
676 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Please Help !! Need To Book Soon

Thanks .....its the fun vibe we are really looking for with a great pool.

New York
Level Contributor
705 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Please Help !! Need To Book Soon

Riu tropical is really nice ...can you do stairs??? if not book a ground floor room...nice service

Brantford
Level Contributor
676 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Please Help !! Need To Book Soon

Oh yes, we can do stairs and walk good for the most part. Far walks are okay once in a while. My husband is a diabetic and has a leg with a lot of nerve damage that makes it painful to walk at times. Im sure we could manage.

Thanks a bunch

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont, Ormond Beach
Level Contributor
8,957 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Please Help !! Need To Book Soon

If a fun lively vibe is what you're after, perhaps Hedo is another good option to consider. All rooms are accessible via paved walks, as are the 3 large pools plus 2 small ones.

Calgary
Level Contributor
4,148 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Please Help !! Need To Book Soon

I also have mobility issues which is one reason why we chose Sandals Negril. Small resort...everything can be walked to within 5-10 minutes plus they have a wide variety of first floor rooms. In fact, the buildings are no higher than three stories. The pathways are flat and wheelchair friendly! 6 restaurants, 2 pools (on the small size) and a large lagoon plus the beach of course. Just a few thoughts to pass along. And no matter where you decide to stay, you will love Negril! Happy travels!

Brantford
Level Contributor
676 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Please Help !! Need To Book Soon

LOL.... I think the Hedo would be a little much for us... Thanks so much but the Sandals is not in our budget. We are really pushing it for the Riu Palace.

10. Re: Please Help !! Need To Book Soon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2014, 05:17