We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue casve castle NEGRIL suggestions of best rooms

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
MIAMI BEACH
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Blue casve castle NEGRIL suggestions of best rooms

planing on going to do negril in the next few weeks cant really decide on the best room,singel travel going gor R&R want a ait conditioned room with spectaluar views,was going to book the penthouse but its full anyway suggestions as to your favorite room thanks

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
882 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue casve castle NEGRIL suggestions of best rooms

When we checked out BCC last April, the rooms seemed very hot to us----there was not much privacy ---the top floor balcony looks right down onto another patio.....very cool looking spot, but not for us......

MIAMI BEACH
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue casve castle NEGRIL suggestions of best rooms

thanks were did u wind of staying insted if i may ask

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
8,019 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blue casve castle NEGRIL suggestions of best rooms

For a private villa-type place, Seagrape is supeb for privacy, has great views from the living rooms & patios of their 2 seaside cottages, and has AC in the bedrooms. (It's a bit more pricey than BCC tho.) Info is at http://www.seagrapevillas.com/.

Mirage is also great if you want a nice small hotel-type place. Rooms are large, have great sea views & AC. A bargain too IMHO - in the $100/nite range. Plus there's a nice little seaside infinity pool. You can see pics, prices & amenities at negrilonestop.com.

Edited: 13 September 2013, 19:51
Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
2,944 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blue casve castle NEGRIL suggestions of best rooms

I booked Mirage for Nov, solo stay. Rate off season is $80 plus tax. I emailed hotel directly asking if they have any other specials coming up and I was told they'd include taxes. Great deal I think. Rooms have fridges and coffee makers and look very nice. You are welcomed at Charela's beach as its a sister property. Continental breakfast included. Good location to stores and restaurants.

The website indicates to email for specials up to Oct 31:

http://www.miragenegril.com/

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
882 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Blue casve castle NEGRIL suggestions of best rooms

flyguy---We stay at Seagrape Villa's wildgrape cottage every year but it's a little more than BCC especially for a single guy---Mirage is a good choice at less than $100 off season and its clothing optional! (considering if any other guests might be there!) Just found this out and are going to check it out this october when we will be there at Seagrape. Banana Shout is another place you might check out---Milo is the owner and I think off season is less than $90 for a seaside cottage (albeit next door to Ricks Cafe---can be loud!)

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
8,019 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Blue casve castle NEGRIL suggestions of best rooms

When we stayed ay Banana Shout years ago, Rick's music was actually nice. They knocked off around 8:30ish if memory serves. Of course, that's dated info... but I think they still tend to close up a few hours after their sunset hooplah.

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
882 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Blue casve castle NEGRIL suggestions of best rooms

ya mon---both of the cottages facing the ocean at BS are wonderful, rustic but wonderul. Just not really C/O anymore.....Maybe Milo has put in a cliffside bar by now?

MIAMI BEACH
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Blue casve castle NEGRIL suggestions of best rooms

thx u i am going to go 4 the mirage as a single traveler rates are cheaper thx again

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Blue casve castle NEGRIL suggestions of best rooms

You may want to consider Moonlight Villa as well which is next door to Blue Cave Castle. Single rates are in line with your budget.

http://moonlightvilla.com/

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
8,019 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Blue casve castle NEGRIL suggestions of best rooms

Bet you'll like it. The pool is nice and the swimming/snorkling is good. For nearby food, get some soup at Ras Roddy's roadside stand - delicious & cheap @ $100J/cup to go. The LTU pub is our local fav - great food and reasonable. And for the best cheap local food, walk ~20 min north to Sips & Bites (next to Rockhouse). Excellent meals for ~$500-800J.