We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RPTB better than Clubhotel?

Level Contributor
1,937 posts
227 reviews
Save Topic
RPTB better than Clubhotel?

Hi there, I am wanting to book the RPTB for next July. We did go to the Clubhotel in Negril and being honest found it very tired, the buffet was ok but nothing special. Now I do have a free week at any RIu hotel so I am going for the RPTB. I know it costs a bit more and the beachfront is superb thre, so can I ask in which ways is it better than the Clubhotel ?

Level Contributor
1,197 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RPTB better than Clubhotel?

My impressions are just from spending a few hours at the Riu Club, but IMHO RPTB is much less tired than the Club and we thought it felt less crowded, especially around the pool area. That's probably because the beach at RPTB is so amazing! We came back from the Club with one of their beach towels which was somewhat ratty to say the least. When the towel guy saw it he immediately took it and threw it in the garbage, exclaiming "where did you get THAT??"

They seem to have more better liquor at RPTB. Can't comment on the food as we didn't eat at the Club. Also were fewer children at RPTB, lots of babies but not too many older children.

Level Contributor
1,937 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RPTB better than Clubhotel?

Sounds good, thanks for the help.

Milwaukee, WI.
Level Contributor
3,148 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: RPTB better than Clubhotel?

Although TB is older than Club, I'm sure it takes less of a beating and has better upkeep.

Also exchange privledges are one way, TB can use Club but not reverse.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
343 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: RPTB better than Clubhotel?

Stayed at RPTB, but "sampled" the clubhotel Riu.

Booze - top shelf liquor at the palace.

Beach - RPTB is the best by far.

Food - RPTB

Server although cant really comment on the Riu, but the service at RPTB was nothing short of outstanding!

Level Contributor
662 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: RPTB better than Clubhotel?

Palaces have:

Better food

Better service

Lower guest to staff ratio (more staff to serve less guests)

Poolside drink service

Top Shelf liquor

Better upkeep of facilities

Palaces are RIU's best hotels -- the king of the hill, the top of the RIU pecking order. In general you if you are doing RIU, you can't go wrong with a palace.

Edited: 16 September 2013, 14:38
6. Re: RPTB better than Clubhotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2014, 05:17