We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Was anyone here in Negril, early July ?

manchester
Level Contributor
1,868 posts
193 reviews
Save Topic
Was anyone here in Negril, early July ?

Just wondered how the weather was this year please ?

Calgary
Level Contributor
4,148 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Was anyone here in Negril, early July ?

A couple we met on this site were there the first week in July and said it poured down rain almost every day. Not a fun week for them!

manchester
Level Contributor
1,868 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Was anyone here in Negril, early July ?

Ooh that's not good :(

Calgary
Level Contributor
4,148 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Was anyone here in Negril, early July ?

sorry! Maybe it was a fluke!!!

North Lewisburg...
Level Contributor
715 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Was anyone here in Negril, early July ?

We were in negril the first week of July. We had rain one day for maybe 15 min. It clouded up a couple if days but we watched it moved over the ocean. The night of July 29 it rained after we went to bed. It was no prob going back next yr the same week.

Seattle
Level Contributor
43,298 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Was anyone here in Negril, early July ?

I was there in July for 10 days (but this was a couple years ago). It rained maybe 4 different times. But when it did it POURED. But mostly was nice and sunny. It was VERY hot and humid.

manchester
Level Contributor
1,868 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Was anyone here in Negril, early July ?

Thanks everyone, want to book but a little unsure about weather, I know we cannot predict the weather, but it can make or break a holiday ....

Ocala, Florida
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios, Negril, Montego Bay
Level Contributor
2,199 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Was anyone here in Negril, early July ?

We were there this past July -- 7/9-7/21--- weather was great --- had a few storms in the afternoon, but they did not last long.

Calgary
Level Contributor
4,148 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Was anyone here in Negril, early July ?

shirley: Honestly, there is so much to do in Negril, I wouldn't let the possible threat of 'liquid sunshine' stop you from booking. We were at SN in May and it rained on and off for a few days...so instead of beach gravity, we went to the covered bar, met tons of people and had a great time. I am sure the same can be said of the other resorts and hotels...just relax and enjoy the experience of Jamaica!

North Lewisburg...
Level Contributor
715 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Was anyone here in Negril, early July ?

I meant the night of June 29 th. It rained . We were there June 29 till July 6 th

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Was anyone here in Negril, early July ?

shirley

We were on the south coast of Jamaica July 6th for 7 nights, it rained only one day for a couple hours in the afternoon. On another day winds picked up speed like crazy out of the blue and our water sports fun ended pretty abruptly. Keep in mind on any given day the weather varies between all regions of Jamaica.

July 13th we moved to Negril for 2 weeks and the only significant rain was for about an hour or so late afternoon on one day. We actually were looking forward to one day of an afternoon thunderstorm in Negril, and did not get one this year. Jamaica is a lush tropical island and at a minimum brief afternoon showers are to be expected this time of year. It is also not unusual to see dark clouds rolling in early to mid afternoon and then pass right on by. Sometimes a light shower for only 5 minutes. We find it very odd and often amusing watching several beach goers run for cover out of the sea when they are already wet only to find out by the time they reach shelter it stops. It is just water, and will dry off quickly. As another long time traveler to Negril and contributor on this forum has said and rings true with my experience, if you wake up to a morning down pour you are in for one rainy day.

We travel to Negril every July for at least 2 weeks and love this time of year. Of course it is technically hurricane season, but what are the odds? We always purchase travel insurance and I highly recommend to do so especially during this time of year. It will be hot & humid and the sea will be just the right temperature for lots of water sports fun!

Go to Negril & enjoy!

Edited: 18 September 2013, 03:01