We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Lido resort credit

YQG
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,000 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Lido resort credit

Just read this... Not at lot of detail but given the current pricing for this resort, I'm quite surprised. Anyone have any more info? There has to be a catch....

NEGRIL, JAMAICA--(Marketwired - September 16, 2013) - The tropical all inclusive adults only Grand Lido Negril Resort & Spa is giving guests one more reason to book a vacation today. This famous resort set on Negril, Jamaica's gorgeous beachfront now offers a resort credit of $1,250 per room for guests booking their stay of 6 nights or longer, or $750 for 3-5 nights. A great way to enhance your vacation experience, this credit can be applied towards the purchase of room upgrades, resort services, special dinners, spa treatments, local excursions, shopping, attractions, and more

Read more: digitaljournal.com/pr/1470331#ixzz2fDKwtkmA

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Lido resort credit

Yqg: Just heard from a couple that returned last week from GLN and they had a great time. There was one time share person in the lobby (right outside the Amici), but she didn't chase after them. According to them, there have been no major changes that they could notice. No mass staff layoffs, either. Same Derrick and his lamb chops at the CO Grill. The only major thing they noticed was the huge price drop and acording to them it was well worth the $$$. After the remodeling of the old Breezes Trelawy, they are going to start at work GLN.

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Lido resort credit

is it already effective this promotion?

im gonna be there next friday ^please let me know

thanks

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Lido resort credit

Yqg: just read on another site that 25 employees were laid off due to low occupancy, but were rehired after 4 days. That $1250 can certainly buy a lot of ambiance (an other stuff also, LOL)!!!

YQG
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,000 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Lido resort credit

You're not kidding PF... I'm hoping to go somewhere in November that we've never been before, but they are making it very difficult... lol

Lakeland, Florida
Level Contributor
250 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Lido resort credit

I have to assume that this is for new bookings only?

YQG
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,000 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Lido resort credit

From reading the website it appears to be in the form of discount vouchers.... in my view a resort credit and a discount voucher are different.

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Lido resort credit

i agree but its already effective and its free i will see that right next weeK

YQG
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,000 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grand Lido resort credit

Not complaining about a discount but would prefer a credit :-) Have a great trip moineauQc. Have a lamb chop or two for me.

Lakeland, Florida
Level Contributor
250 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Grand Lido resort credit

moineau--Have a great time and please write a report upon your return!

Florida
Level Contributor
430 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Grand Lido resort credit

I can find package deals including airfare for less than the rates one would need to pay to obtain the credit.

So I don't find it to be that attractive a promotion.