We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather lately! Negril

Toronto
Level Contributor
451 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Weather lately! Negril

Just wondering if anyone has just returned from negril or is there now can tell me about the weather lately?

I've never gone in October but from all the negril weather stuff I have looked at looks like there's been a lot of rain (and I mean not just an hour or 2 but most of the days)

Toronto
Level Contributor
451 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather lately! Negril

P.s - I know it's peak rain month in October but curious as to just how much rainfall!

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,567 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather lately! Negril

I have been in October a couple of times. Humid. Rains every afternoon for a few hours. Get up in the mornings to enjoy the sun and nap in the afternoons.

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
8,236 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather lately! Negril

The usual for this time of year. Looking pretty nice for the next 10 days. http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/Negril+JMXX0009:1:JM

central Ky.
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather lately! Negril

Just got back today, spent 11 days at SN.. Rained everyday at 2-3pm for an hour or so.. No biggie, always cleared up by 5pm... We always travel in september, but this is the first time it rained every single day..

Good news is that every morning the sun was bright and shiny by 7am and temps were 30-33c everyday till the rain started..

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
198 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather lately! Negril

We just returned today and we stayed at CSA and it rained between sometime between 2&5pm. I got there last Sunday and it rained 5 out of the 7 days. Weather was nice any other time.

Santa Rosa Beach...
Destination Expert
for Negril
Level Contributor
3,486 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather lately! Negril

An occasional afternnon rain is normal for JA, also most of the Caribbean, as many times as we have been to Negril, you will get full days of sunshine and then a few days of afternoon showers which do not last long, watching weather reports does not always help, I check fo see if any hurricanes may be stirring if going in the fall, after Sept, but as a rule you will find the weather in Negril sunny and warm with a chance of afternoon showers. You cannot plan months in advance and hope for perfect weather, but in all of our stays we have been nice vacations.

Negril, Jamaica
Level Contributor
223 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather lately! Negril

I am on the beach everyday.. For the past 3 days I have not seen a drop of rain.. kinda of happy and sad at the same time. Just planted some vegetable seeds and a bit of rain would be nice :) I have seen some clouds which looked like rain, but no rain.

8. Re: Weather lately! Negril

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2014, 05:18