We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Add days or better view?

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
rd9
Racine, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
132 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Add days or better view?

Which would you choose?

We would love to stay in Libra at Catcha next year. But staying in either Gatehouse or Pisces or one of the Gemini's would mean we could probably afford a couple extra days....

We have never stayed beachfront or ocean view in the past (always had garden view type rooms) so we would not necessarily be "downgrading" the view we are used to.

This trip is special to celebrate a 40th Bday.

What to do?

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
766 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Add days or better view?

Add days, for sure

Virginia
Level Contributor
3,413 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Add days or better view?

More days. If you're like us, you'll only be in your room to sleep and shower. I'd take more days over a better view anytime!

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,501 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Add days or better view?

more days for sure. if you stay in a more expensive room at the risk of not staying as long, I guarantee when you get there you will likely be kicking yourselves...especially on departure day when you realize you could have had a few extra days of enjoying paradise!

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Add days or better view?

If you are going to add days go with Pisces, not Gatehouse or one of the Geminis. Pisces is by far the best of the three.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
4,347 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Add days or better view?

Add days!

rd9
Racine, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
132 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Add days or better view?

I figured the consensus would be for more days so which cottage/room is the next question.

BP, from our research it looks as though Pisces does not have a toaster or coffee maker, true?

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Add days or better view?

True. But why would you need one? Ivan's offers coffee at sunrise and they make a great breakfast. Also, it has an amazing private outdoor shower.

Edited: 02 October 2013, 13:59
Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Add days or better view?

Just to add, the Gatehouse has no view and is, well the house next to the entrance gate. The Geminis lack privacy from each other because of the duplex wall situation. Pisces has a decent view although the photos don't show it.

negrilonestop.com/catchafallingstar_photos.s…

Coventry, UK
Level Contributor
184 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Add days or better view?

Personally I would add extra days! I'd rather have more holiday time than a better view, you probably won't spend much time in your room.

rd9
Racine, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
132 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Add days or better view?

The outdoor shower sounds heavenly! We do like to enjoy a pot of coffee every morning before we face the world! But we probably could just bring bubba kegs and fill them up at Ivan's. But the toaster could save us some $ at breakfast meals, peanut butter toast, etc rather than going "out" to eat every morning.

Is Pisces very private compared to Gatehouse? We like to take outdoor naps and such while on vacation so that would also be a deciding factor.