We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CSA Construction - when will it end?

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,740 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
CSA Construction - when will it end?

Does anyone know when the construction will end? I just read a review saying that you can't escape the noise of the jack hammering and I am horrified that my wedding in the first week of December will ruined by this.

florida
Level Contributor
318 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CSA Construction - when will it end?

That is their only review. I don't pay any attention to a 1 review reviewer :)

We were at Couples Negril this past September and they are doing bathroom remodels. 2 buildings were closed and it was not a distraction at all. September and October are slow months down there. I would imagine they would start to suspend most of the renos starting in November and for sure December.

Congrats on your wedding! The weather in December is beautiful there!!!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
842 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: CSA Construction - when will it end?

Reviewers complain that rooms need renovating. Then reviewers complain that renovations are going on. LOL

Do people think rooms are magically updated? No hammers, no jackhammers, no saws? I suppose people want the rooms renovated, just not when THEY are staying there. Let other people put up with the noise, but god forbid they might have to hear it themselves.

BTW - congrats are your wedding, and I'm fairly certain that the construction will be completed before your wedding date. At least, I hope it is as we will be arriving at CSA on Dec 6th...LOL

Edited: 02 October 2013, 16:56
Michigan
Level Contributor
1,740 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: CSA Construction - when will it end?

Well it makes me feel a "little" better. Just had these horror vision running through my head. Muck and Grind maybe we can catch you on our last night there. But you'll just be arriving and we will have that dreaded feeling of "it's our last night" :-(

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: CSA Construction - when will it end?

obayb

Have your travel agent email the manager of the resort and your wedding coordinator voicing your concerns. Also, request you and your guests be placed in updated rooms, if by chance they are still working on this project. They do have many rooms to go through but the end result will be fabulous.

Congratulations, enjoy your time at CSA & in Negril!

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
204 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: CSA Construction - when will it end?

They were doing construction while we were there Sept 15-22 and we did not hear any noise. We stayed 2 buildings down and walked past the buildings everyday, but of course that was then.

America, The...
Level Contributor
7,931 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: CSA Construction - when will it end?

We stayed at CSA while they were constructing the Great House. We were in a BFVS not very far away. Even that wasn't a big deal for us because we were either on the beach or over at the sports complex during the day while construction was going on. We usually take a late afternoon nap and don't remember that being interrupted at all. Of course, this is just our experience, but I wanted to share it because, until I read your post, I barely remembered it since it was such a non-event during our stay.

Marion, Iowa
Level Contributor
803 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: CSA Construction - when will it end?

We are here now. And the noise is very loud. We did not notice it Sunday or Monday. Really heard it Tuesday, but thought it was louder because it was a rainy day and not much going on. Yesterday it was really bad. We are in building 43. And sitting on the beach in any area close to our building, you can really hear it. Now, it's not ruining our vacation or anything, but it is a bit annoying. If were were regulars and planned on coming back for sure, we would really not care because we would know it would only be better for us next time. Oh well, I guess I will just have another fruity drink and then it won't really matter! Lol!

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,740 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: CSA Construction - when will it end?

Thank you everyone for your input. Funlover - this is what is scaring the heck out of me. Is there any word going around the resort as to when the construction should be finished? This isn't sounding good though.

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
3,134 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: CSA Construction - when will it end?

I would message Randymon. You could also check out the couples website forum to see if there is any insight over there.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
4,447 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: CSA Construction - when will it end?

I wouldn't worry about it at all. Their plan is to have all of the renovations done by the start of high season. So by the 1st of December they should be done.

And we were there the first of Sept and would hear a jack hammer once in a while (they were working on the building behind us) but it was not bad at all and most times didn't know it was there