We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu palace make Caesars?

Toronto
Level Contributor
451 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Riu palace make Caesars?

With clamato?

Santa Rosa Beach...
Destination Expert
for Negril
Level Contributor
3,545 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu palace make Caesars?

Ah....No. You have either buffet or sit down restaurant, you might luck out and get a caesar on the buffet but mostly just a tossed salad with a selection of watered down dressings, good selection of different salads but finding a caesar salad might be hard and forget the clamato....we have been several times, never had a caesar salad, would have loved one tho.

Camrose, Canada
Level Contributor
2,987 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu palace make Caesars?

Lol, Caesars are a Canadian drink made with vodka and clamato juice.

If you need a caesar fix, take a taxi to the Canoe bar and grill, at the beginning of One Love DR (West End RD). A Canadian woman and her Jamaican partner run it and they serve Canadian ceasars. They have a small beach, good food and a great steel drum band entertains early Thursday evenings during high season.

Calgary
Level Contributor
4,148 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu palace make Caesars?

stormy: A Caesar is basically a Bloody Mary only instead of tomato juice, it's made with Clamato juice. My husband's favorite drink and he makes them using Old Bay Seasoning on the rim and adds a lime. You can also have celery or asparagus as a garnish. It's close to being the national drink of Canada. I didn't know what it was either until I married a Canadian...so don't feel bad!

Toronto
Level Contributor
451 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riu palace make Caesars?

LMAO! That cracked me up!

Thanks for the info.... Guess I'll bring some clamato/tobacco/worchestire with me

Calgary
Level Contributor
4,148 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Riu palace make Caesars?

TorontoTwo: I don't know about RIU but SN only had bloody mary mix and hot sauce. Hubby was still happy for a week! It was close enough. And you are bringing tobacco? LOL

Camrose, Canada
Level Contributor
2,987 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Riu palace make Caesars?

Lol...ya, there's no tobacco usually in ceasars....that auto correct! Tabasco

They're often rimmed with celery salt or seasoning salt, old bay sounds interesting.

Edited: 03 October 2013, 02:39
NIagara Falls...
Level Contributor
815 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Riu palace make Caesars?

Try Seastar on the west end. The owner is Canadian. He knows from Ceasars!! Don't miss their Saturday night entertainment with great band and traditional Jamaican drummers. Culture galore.

Free pick up and drop off from your hotel!

Toronto
Level Contributor
451 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Riu palace make Caesars?

Really? Riu palace has free shuttle to sea star? How do I set that up?

Camrose, Canada
Level Contributor
2,987 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Riu palace make Caesars?

Seastar offers a free shuttle to and from any Negril hotel, any time, not only their Saturday night buffet and show. You call them at 876-957-0553 and ask for pickup. They'll return you when you're ready to go, or Saturday night, they have return shuttle running every hour.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
343 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Riu palace make Caesars?

Funny thread!

We actually hit the supermarket in Mobay - hunting for clamato so we could have caesars at the riu palace! No luck. I did hear that the hilo in negril carries clamato - of course its NOT the same as canadian clamato - but its close.

As for hotels / bars - a lot of them will offer a free pick-up from your hotel, grab a cab to get back. The Riu does NOT provide a shuttle service to any of them - its the restaurant / bar that does.

For a great excursion - I highly recommend the "ONE LOVE PUB CRAWL"!!