We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

grand lido vouchers?

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
127 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
grand lido vouchers?

hey all, has anyone noticed that there are several new lido reviews but no mention of the supposed vouchers!!! what do you all think?

Lakeland, Florida
Level Contributor
250 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: grand lido vouchers?

Most people, like me, had probably already booked before they announced the vouchers, OR they didn't know about them. I am assuming they only apply to new bookings anyway although I think there is someone there now who said they would definitely ask about it..

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
127 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: grand lido vouchers?

yes, moineauQc is there now , sure hope we get a trip report , am looking forward to it. we are already booked so if its not a good report , oh well it doesn't take much to make us happy though so we are going with a good attitude, just clean and functional accommodations ,good beach and good people. we hope thats not to much to ask for.

YQG
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,000 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: grand lido vouchers?

They have been mentioned on Facebook. Someone said everyone arriving after Oct 1 is getting them, but wasn't overly impressed... $20 off a massage was mentioned.... but the Facebook poster felt prices for the services had increased. I wouldn't get too excited about them but then again I don't purchase much, if anything, once I'm there. May be useful to some people though.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
146 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: grand lido vouchers?

Was told on face book we were entitled..however front desk knew nothing about the vouchers when we arrived. The people on Facebook page for the Grand Lido told to go to the front desk...didn't get any vouchers. Oh well had a great time regardless, however there does seem to be a lot of mis-information, and lack of communication.

YQG
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,000 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: grand lido vouchers?

It is being reported by the owner of another site (who also books travel) that the vouchers are not just for new bookings. They are however based on the number of nights booked. Wonder if it was for arrivals after a certain date and that's why you missed out missmee...but someone should have been able to explain.

They also have free calls to the US and Canada now too. (I don't make calls either... No perks for me... ;-)

ps/ I reread the post on Facebook and Oct 1 wasn't mentioned, I apparently made that bit up, unless I read it elsewhere. Sorry.

Edited: 04 October 2013, 19:39
Lakeland, Florida
Level Contributor
250 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: grand lido vouchers?

I thought you could use the vouchers to upgrade your room once you got there? True or no? Is it only for services? No one could use that many services, I wouldn't think. If you could use them to get an upgrade once at the resort or get them to get free room service, that would be nice.

YQG
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,000 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: grand lido vouchers?

Not sure Jamaybe, but they appear to be discount coupons, not what I think of as credit, so there may be one for money off an upgrade but that's all. The poster on Facebook only mentions a $20 voucher off a $140 massage. Hopefully there will be more information as people there now return.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
127 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: grand lido vouchers?

the only voucher i was really interested in was the credit towards the room upgrade, on the website it states that it is a 200.00 voucher to use for that purpose, i guess time will tell, no worries though as long as the sun shines and my glass is not empty, ( or plastic cup) all will be well. will spend most of our time at the Au natural beach so was just wanting to get a cove room to be close.

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
138 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: grand lido vouchers?

I'm going on Sunday for 10 days so as soon as I can I will let you guys know. I really hope I can use them for a room upgrade .

Lakeland, Florida
Level Contributor
250 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: grand lido vouchers?

OK, good luck! Let us know how it turns out!