We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

It always says rain every day

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ontario
Level Contributor
144 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
It always says rain every day

no matter what island I check out it calls for rain. Is this because they often have showers but not a full downpour all day???

Telluride, Colorado
Level Contributor
224 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: It always says rain every day

Yep. Often inland or very localized, so it's still sunny on 7 Mile beach. Last fall my trip called for rain daily. Experienced 2 short afternoon showers.

Hallsville, Missouri
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: It always says rain every day

This is good to hear as we fly to Montego Bay Sunday!

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,639 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: It always says rain every day

Don't pay any attention to the online weather forecasts. Most will say rain all the time. Will you see rain? Quite possibly. Will it be an all day affair? I doubt it. Even in general areas you may or may not get some rain. I've been at one resort in Montego Bay enjoying the sunshine and beach while looking out over the bay and actually watching it rain on a different resort. Don't let the forecast of rain ruin your vacation.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: It always says rain every day

This should deal with the concern

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147309-i69-k31655…

Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: It always says rain every day

I can forecast weather for the year; high 88 low 78 with chance of rain evreryday of the year pretty much. Hahaha. Don't worry it will rain briefly during afternoon if at all and I usually stay on the beach regardless.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,134 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: It always says rain every day

Welcome to the Tropics. This is why everything is so green. I've yet to have a vacation be a complete wash out. I thnk I might have had one day in 7 trips where it rained almost all day. Like has been said, any rain is typically a brief, though sometimes heavy, rain in the early afternoon.

Santa Rosa Beach...
Destination Expert
for Negril
Level Contributor
3,424 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: It always says rain every day

BP made a good point, you can be in one part of the island and it be sunny or another part and raining, our experience has been just an occasional afternoon shower or morning that lasts ten or 20 minutes at the most and then the sun is back out baking you.....go to almost any caribbean island and you will experience the same thing.

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
8,036 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: It always says rain every day

True that. Jeannie - Ya gotta look at the chance of precipitation. The current 10-day forecast is pretty typical, ranging from 20%-60%. If it's 20-30%, then likely to be just some passing shower(s). If it's 80-100%, then might be solid rain for a bit - or many hours.

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
3,023 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: It always says rain every day

I pray for the afternoon shower everyday - it is heaven! That means its time to head to the swim up bar lol

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,297 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: It always says rain every day

It rained for about a 1/2 hour this afternoon, it was a blessing because it cooled everything down nicely. Then the rain stopped and it dried up in about 10 minutes.