We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Charlea artilce

Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
5,754 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Charlea artilce

Very rare for Butch's Observer to give any hotel free press.

jamaicaobserver.com/business/Small-hotel-wit…

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,501 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Charlea artilce

Kudos to the writer and to Butch for allowing it to go to print. Good article and expose on the resort and Mr. Grizzle.

Santa Rosa Beach...
Destination Expert
for Negril
Level Contributor
3,531 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Charlea artilce

Excellent article, thanks for posting.

Malvern, United...
Level Contributor
574 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Charlea artilce

That's great!. Thank you for the link and post.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,665 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Charlea artilce

Enjoyed the article. Had no idea he owned a farm where the majority of the food served at Charela is grown. This property is my favorite smaller family-owned property on the beach.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,005 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Charlea artilce

I wonder if this will affect their large beachfront area? Where will these buildings go on the property? I wonder about construction noise? We have considered Charela several times. We have walked by several times and thought they had the largest and nicest beach area. It will be interesting to see the renovated rooms.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
319 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Charlea artilce

The new construction is on the empty lot to the right as you look at the property from the beach. They have reported that the external building is complete. I saw on their Facebook page pictures that show that the new units are level with the rest of the building and will not effect the beach. Heck the beach area on the far side of the beach was hardly used by guests. We stayed at Charela this past May and had an extraordinary trip. We opted for the all inclusive plan. It was beyond fabulous! I had read all about their farm and in house baking and home made ice cream, etc. We were so looking forward to actually staying with them. We had stayed at Idle Awhile the year before and really felt that Charela was the place for us. We had not one complaint. In fact we have continued to talk so fondly of the Inn, it's staff, the service, the food ever since that we are now in the process of planning a family reunion there. It was perfect in every way. I know that seems a bit much but it was. We stayed in the jr beach front suite and it was by far the best room we have have ever had the chance to stay in. Was it posh, no, but it was up-scale Jamaican. The furniture was nice, the ceiling was fab, the flooring great, the bathroom impeccable, the views unparalleled.

Every meal we had was better than the last. We tried to split meals so that we could cover the extensive menu. Staff was not happy that we ordered less. Everything was wonderful. We love Negril, have been there often, but have found our home. How great is that! We cannot wait for our next trip to Negril, which means a stay at Charela Inn. Even though I hate to increase the chances that we won't be able to get our favorite room....the Inn is a wonderful home base while staying in Negril. Our stay in Negril at the Charela became more than our get away to a get away with wonderful, delicious, fresh, surprising food! We cannot wait to bring our family there in '14!

7. Re: Charlea artilce

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2014, 06:19