We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling trips

bishopville...
Level Contributor
223 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkeling trips

Looking to take a boat snorkeling trip with not a lot of people. What options do we have staying at CCLP?

Winnipeg, Manitoba
Level Contributor
73 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkeling trips

Call Famous Vincent, he will come and pick you up at Coco. He is our favorite snorkelling guide.

876-473-6910

$25 a person, he takes you out to the reef and snorkels with you guiding you through.

Austin, TX
Destination Expert
for Austin
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkeling trips

We really enjoyed our trips with Captain Kirk - so much that we went twice! If you are laying on one of Coco's lounge chairs he is usually just to the right and will walk around in the mornings looking for business. We were the only two that went on our trip(s). $25 each plus tip.

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont, Ormond Beach
Level Contributor
8,679 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkeling trips

Another vote for Vincent. He's superb. (He may have 2 boats these days..?? If so, be sure he's your captain - he's truly outstanding.)

Trempealeau
Level Contributor
147 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snorkeling trips

My wife and I went snorkeling with Capt. Kirk. After snorkeling he took us to Booby Cay for lobster he grilled. It truly was a highlight of that trip. I know some people are worried about diseases from cats there. Of those people, does any of them know anyone who contracted anything from the cay?

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,679 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Snorkeling trips

Never seen ANY cats there myself, after 10+ trips to Booby Cay over the years. Not even a minor consideration IMHO.

Spfld Missouri
Level Contributor
157 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Snorkeling trips

Do the snorkeling boats provide equipment? Clean? Thanks,

Trempealeau
Level Contributor
147 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Snorkeling trips

Capt. Kirk did have snorkeling equipment. If rinsing it in salt water is clean? Then yes. Honestly, I don't know if he cleaned it afterwards.

Negril, Jamaica
Level Contributor
223 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Snorkeling trips

How many people do you have that want to go snorkeling? Most boats here on the beach will not go out without having a minimum # of people first..

Level Contributor
49 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Snorkeling trips

How long roughly are you on the boat for? Would love to do this but get sea sick 😳

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,679 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Snorkeling trips

You can go for as long/short as you'd like. From most places on the beach, it's a ~10-15 min ride each way to the reefs. Then add actual snorkeling time. Most trips I've done have been ~1 hour total... though those have been from an AI - not a private paid trip.