We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

looking for vacation rental (two bedroom) options for Feb

Ottawa
Level Contributor
53 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
looking for vacation rental (two bedroom) options for Feb

My wife and I are frequent travellers yet newbies to Jamaica,

We are looking for an accomodation to host the two of us, my sister-in-law and her son in mid-late February. Adults early 50s, my nephew is 16. We would prefer not to go AI, however it could be one option. Looking for nice accomodations (not too "busy") that we could also share and have fairly easy access to beach. Ideally a two bedroom villa with kitchen. Would be willing to compromise a bit of travel (taxi) to go to/from beach when required (like some of the cliff side rentals on VRBO) or (preferably) something with easy walk to both beach and restaurants. Wi-fi is also desired. We both snorkel and my nephew loves any/all water based activities.

Any recommendations for these criteria would be greatly appreciated!

Austin, TX
Destination Expert
for Austin
Level Contributor
2,207 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: looking for vacation rental (two bedroom) options for Feb

I'd give negrilonestop a call and see what they can find for you. February is high season.

Negril, Jamaica
Level Contributor
223 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: looking for vacation rental (two bedroom) options for Feb

i have stayed at Jah Freedom before. Not alot of people know about it but maybe that is what makes it special

http://jahfreedom.com/guesthouse.htm

United States
Level Contributor
12,192 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: looking for vacation rental (two bedroom) options for Feb

Click on 'vacation rentals' on the green menu bar at the top of this screen for a selection of over 80 places to consider.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
10,896 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: looking for vacation rental (two bedroom) options for Feb

When I click on "vacation rentals" on the green menu bar, I get just 16 locations, not 80.

United States
Level Contributor
12,192 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: looking for vacation rental (two bedroom) options for Feb

My search came back saying "All 82 Rentals in Negril" and showing that number of properties. Adding one or more selection rules can give a smaller number of properties. I should also point out that some of the 'Negril' properties should be labeled as being 'near Negril' or 'in the Negril area'.

Camrose, Canada
Level Contributor
2,975 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: looking for vacation rental (two bedroom) options for Feb

Places directly on the beach with 2 bedrooms and kitchens...some villas, some suites in hotels are:

Crystal Waters Villas (heard good recommendations, cook service, no restaurant but good location to many, pool, good beach)

Nirvana (some cook service, no restaurant or pool, but great beach/location)

Rondel

Treehouse

Idle Awhile

Country Country (suites with kitchens across road from beach area, breakfast included at the restaurant)

Seawind

Negril Beach Club Condos

Seasand Eco Villas

I think they have some kitchens at Travelers, Yellowbird, Beachcomber, White Sands, SeaSplash...all beach side.

Across from the beach: I know Hidden Paradise has a couple of kitchen suites, perhaps Rayon, Gardenia, Coral Seas Garden, Pure Garden. Ocean Wave Villas rooms have coffee maker, microwave & fridge.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
10,896 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: looking for vacation rental (two bedroom) options for Feb

Thanks vinnie, figured it out thanks to your help.

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: looking for vacation rental (two bedroom) options for Feb

skyguybri

Check out Moondance Villas, very nice accommodations.

Enjoy your research and enjoy your time in Negril!

Ottawa
Level Contributor
53 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: looking for vacation rental (two bedroom) options for Feb

Thanks to all for your excellent advice, especially to those who provided specific recommendations! We have some great options now. Looking forward to our trip.

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
885 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: looking for vacation rental (two bedroom) options for Feb

Also check out Seagrape Villas on the cliffs---just back from a week in the Wildgrape cottage which I recommend.....