We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rooms at The Cave

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Topic
Rooms at The Cave

I was looking online at The Caves and wondering what people's experience are of the rooms there. The pictures make the rooms look a bit dumpy and old, not very contemporary given the outdoor space. We would be staying in the Sundancer with our 2 older kids. Would love to hear people's thoughts.

Trempealeau
Level Contributor
146 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rooms at The Cave

Your right. The pictures of that room online didn't look like a good value at all...but read the reviews. Value might come from somewhere else.

Edited: 05 November 2013, 23:21
Boston...
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Rooms at The Cave

Yes have read the reviews and the place sounds totally amazing. But I also want to enjoy a nice room experience as well.

Sounds like you think the pictures don't accurately reflect the quality of the room or did I get that wrong? Have you been in this particular room?

Thanks so much.

Quakertown, PA
Level Contributor
67 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rooms at The Cave

Hi, Rooms at the Caves are sort of shabby chic with an island vibe. If you're looking for a high end type hotel room, this may not be the place for you. (I mean that in the nicest of ways.) We're heading to the Caves for our 7th trip in December, and we love it. I see the value in the Caves in the location, the people, the food and the feeling that you are home. If you hav specific questions, I'd be happy to help. I've stayed in One Drop, Two Birds, Butterfly and Moon Shadow, and we've been in all of the rooms.

Calgary
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rooms at The Cave

Maybe try something like this if you are looking for something more high end:

http://www.littlewatersvillanegril.com/

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,058 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rooms at The Cave

We have stayed at the Caves and loved it! We had the Butterfly Room and it was perfect. The intent of the rooms is definitely to be a Jamaican feel to them, but far from shabby. The staff and food is great.

san antonio
Level Contributor
2,582 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rooms at The Cave

I've seen Sundancer, it's the nicest room with a great location.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Rooms at The Cave

Or try Moondance Cliffs

http://www.moondanceresorts.com/cliffs/

Boston...
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Rooms at The Cave

Thanks so much for everyone's input. It's a bit scary making this huge commitment in terms of expense so i'm a bit nervous about the whole thing. I'd love a place for my husband, myself and our 22 year old and 18 year old kids to go to. We are all quite spoiled in terms of the quality of places we've gone before with my mother. This would be the first time we are taking on such an expense ourselves. But this place looks so very special.

One other question - my 22 year old son is a kid who, while enjoying peace, quiet and serenity - is also someone who will want to get out and see the action on the main beach area. He enjoys quiet but he likes to party as well. How far is this place form the "main action" on the beach and in town?

san antonio
Level Contributor
2,582 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rooms at The Cave

He'll have to take a taxi to the beach area. Cheapest way is to take a route taxi into town, then another to the beach. Costs $200J pp for both rides, a little over $2.

I'd be reluctant to take my young adult childern to The Caves, I think they would get bored, there's not much to do there except for snorkeling and laying around. The Caves is more about romance. Our kids love the beach. They are now 23 and 19.

We took them there last year over the holidays and are going back on New Years day, 4 nights at Country Country and 5 at Nirvana. We rent the owner's villa at Nirvana with the garden bedroom to make it a 2BR villa. It's awesome, right on the beach with a full kitchen and cook service.

I'd consider a beach/cliffs split and would stay somewhere on the cliffs with more people in a more central location. Moondance cliffs is nice, but rather isolated. Try something like Catcha, Rockhouse, Xtabi on the cliffs.

Edited: 06 November 2013, 16:45
Austin, TX
Destination Expert
for Austin
Level Contributor
2,146 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rooms at The Cave

Another site with pictures of the Caves, incuding pictures of Sundancer is www.oyster.com