We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Couples Negril, Swept Away, Sandals, 1 question

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bethlehem...
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Topic
Couples Negril, Swept Away, Sandals, 1 question

Hey guys,

I've been to various resorts in jamaica and the caribbean. These 3 have been of interest to me but I think there is something I dislike about them and looking for verification. I am a competitive bodybuilder and get hot very very easy with excess muscle on me which makes things EXTREMELY uncomfortable.

For these resorts, are the restaurants inside with A/C, outside? etc. How many are there with A/C and such. On some nights depending on humidity, I can not tolerate sitting outside.

Thank you so much for any help!

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Couples Negril, Swept Away, Sandals, 1 question

CN - two restaurants have AC

CSA - only Feathers has AC

SN - It has been too long since we stayed there so no idea.

It is worth mentioning that the sports complex at CSA is superb. As a gym rat and fitness buff, I love the many options offered there.

Calgary
Level Contributor
4,148 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Couples Negril, Swept Away, Sandals, 1 question

SN has two with A/C...Kimonos (Japanese) and The Sundowner (Caribbean themed). The others (Buffet, Italian, Bistro and Seafood themed) do not. I think the humidity issue depends on which time of year you are going. We went last May and the evenings were quite lovely...ocean breezes and low humidity.

SN's workout room is nothing to write home about. Just the basic equipment.

florida
Level Contributor
318 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Couples Negril, Swept Away, Sandals, 1 question

Do not go to Jamaica in July! :D

St. Charles, MO
Level Contributor
1,771 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Couples Negril, Swept Away, Sandals, 1 question

I understand about being warm in the evening. I'm pretty far from a body builder, but I feel the say way. I think the time of year will be important. We were in Montego Bay in July of 2012 and the evenings were very uncomfortable. Little to no breeze and it was hard to be comfortable outside. We were just at Couples Negril in late October and the evenings were very pleasant.

At CN there are 2 open air restaurants and 2 with AC. One of the AC restaurants requires reservations and gentlemen must wear long pants.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
971 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Couples Negril, Swept Away, Sandals, 1 question

I think the most important question is when are you going. We are from Texas and are used to A/C. That being said, we have been to Couples Swept Away in both March and April. March was a little cooler. We ate outside quite a bit and were never ever hot. There was very little humidity in these months. Our room kept us cool at night. I recommend you choose a room with glass in the windows. I think you need to be sure you go when it is cooler and less humid.. CSA's gym complex is amazing. You would love it. We are going for a third time in late January.

Edited: 10 November 2013, 03:37
Bethlehem...
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Couples Negril, Swept Away, Sandals, 1 question

We always go late may/june. My fiance is a teacher and with my work schedule, my best time for PTO is those months also. We are going May 19-25 this year for our honeymoon.

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Couples Negril, Swept Away, Sandals, 1 question

375mikeg: I presume you are asking re: Sandals Negril, but if you expand your question to other Sandals properties in JA, SRC has only one A/C restaurant, The Cricketer's Pub. All other SRC restaurants are under the stars or open walls. I've got pics of the fitness center if you'd like to see it's layout and equipment. The fitness center is AC. Send me a private message with an email address to send the pics too. Good luck!

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,075 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Couples Negril, Swept Away, Sandals, 1 question

375M, as far as SN is concerned they have a great gym and it is definitely A/C'd. As mentioned, Kimonos and the Sundowner are beautifully A/C'd and the other restaurants are directly on the beach with a great ocean breeze, and view! We have been there many times and love it.

Calgary
Level Contributor
4,148 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Couples Negril, Swept Away, Sandals, 1 question

RandB: sorry to disagree with you again, but SN's gym is not 'great'. Yes, it has A/C and the equipment is new but it's your standard stuff. Everytime we walked by, the only people working out were the grooms-to-be on the treadmills (in order to keep in shape for their weddings after indulging in great food and drink!) We ran into to a few of them on the beach. We talked about the gym and they said it was basic and met their needs. Since the OP is a bodybuilder, I doubt it would meet his criteria. CSA has an awesome sports complex (I've seen the pictures) so if the gym is a consideration for the OP, I think he should look at CSA imo. Just my two cents as usual!

florida
Level Contributor
318 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Couples Negril, Swept Away, Sandals, 1 question

Having been to all 3, the gym at CSA is the best one. I know you did not ask that, but the replies have been geared towards the gym. May is still a great time to go as far as humidity/heat goes. Overall I prefer Couples Negril :)