We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's the deal with spring break in 2014?

los angeles
Level Contributor
153 posts
1 review
Save Topic
What's the deal with spring break in 2014?

Hey Guys-

I'm looking forward to spring break in Negril for 2014. Will be going mid March and I want it to be wild and fun.

I've been hearing mixed things about Negril, some say spring break has died off, some say it's on.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Santa Rosa Beach...
Destination Expert
for Negril
Level Contributor
3,545 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's the deal with spring break in 2014?

What spring break, we have been in both March and April and saw very few sprig breakers, I guess it depends on where you are planning on staying but most SB go to Fla or Cancun

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Oxford, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,660 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What's the deal with spring break in 2014?

You are going to be very bored.

Virginia
Level Contributor
3,721 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What's the deal with spring break in 2014?

Even when spring break is "on" in Negril, it's not the typical spring break that you're thinking of. Negril is the capital of chill, not the capital of spring break.

United States
Level Contributor
12,663 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What's the deal with spring break in 2014?

"I want it to be wild and fun."

I am not sure what the terms 'wild' and 'fun' mean to you (I do know what they mean however). You will find many places to drink and many places to find live music every night and a number of places to dance. During the day there are lots of things to do on the beach. However, 'sand gravity' keeps many people flat on their back on the beach most of the day chilling out.

michigan
Level Contributor
862 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What's the deal with spring break in 2014?

May want to look into Cancun or Playa Del Carmen Mexico too.

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Playa del Carmen
Playa del Carmen
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Connecticut
Level Contributor
11,774 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What's the deal with spring break in 2014?

There are several commercial organizations that you may want to look at for assistance in your spring break organization.

One of them (I did not look yet) may have blocked Grand Pineapple and you can use them to book your rooms.

Most posters on this forum use Negril to chill but there are spring break events.

http://www.negrilspringbreak.com/

studentcity.com/college/spring-break-jamaica

sunsplashtours.com/spring-break-negril-jamai…

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
3,300 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What's the deal with spring break in 2014?

There's a big spring break scene in Negril??? Or Jamaica?? Hmm I had no idea. I thought parents offered to take kids to Negril for spring break if they wanted to make sure the kids didn't go to cancun - lol.

Edited: 21 November 2013, 19:23
American Fork, Utah
Level Contributor
924 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What's the deal with spring break in 2014?

When I was a young buck, I went to Fort Lauderdale for Spring Break....does anyone still go to Fort Lauderdale for Spring Break?

Mentioned in this post
Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale
Broward County, FL
Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
3,300 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What's the deal with spring break in 2014?

@ muckandgrind - Must be a canadian thing, but when I was young I got to go to my parents for spring break - lol. And I went up a hill both ways to get to and from school. And it got to -30 celcius with the windchill in November (oh wait - that's today) - lol.

Calgary
Level Contributor
4,148 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What's the deal with spring break in 2014?

Sask: LOL!! We are having a heat wave...-10c and Chinook winds! The thought of Cancun right now sounds excellent...frat boys or not!! Ft. Lauderdale...not so much. Sorry Muck.

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico