We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roots Bamboo reservation question

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
23 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Roots Bamboo reservation question

Hey everyone.

My wife and I are returning to Negril in mid-February 2014 and since Alfred's was booked for our timeframe, I contacted Roots Bamboo because I know it is close in proximity and enjoyed the bar.

The friendly woman I talked to answered a couple questions, and when I called back after talking it over with my wife, reserved a cabin with private bathroom/shower by taking my first/last name and phone number only. I asked if she needed any other info to send a confirmation email or deposit, etc, and she said it's no problem and she had me written down in the book and to just call two days before we arrive.

Has anyone on the board stayed at Roots Bamboo before, and if so, is name and phone number typically all you need to book a cabin in advance? If so, no problem, but I just want to prevent the possibility of showing up in February and having an issue with a place to stay, as I know it's a busy time for Negril.

I plan on calling in the next day or so either way, but was hoping to get anyone with experiences take on the situation.

Thanks!

Negril, Jamaica
Level Contributor
223 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Roots Bamboo reservation question

From what I know, this is the method for reservations at Roots. I do understand if that makes you a bit nervous because it will be packed here on the beach during that time. The best thing to do is follow up in a few weeks just to make sure that they have your information down.. I am also within walking distance to Roots so if you want me to go and check or ask any other questions, I would be happy to.

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
23 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Roots Bamboo reservation question

Hi Sakinah.

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, I figure I'll call back in a few days or so just to make sure everything is cool, and if so should be good to go.

Also, thanks so much for your offer to ask Roots for us (that's very sweet of you!), but I think we should be cool with giving them a confirmation call.

Lookin' forward to gettin' back to JA in a couple months, it's been too long!

3. Re: Roots Bamboo reservation question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 December 2014, 06:18