We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Negril water temp around Feb. 8-15?

Level Contributor
122 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Negril water temp around Feb. 8-15?

Hi,

I know that the weather has been changing in the past few years nearly everywhere....wondering if anyone can advise how this has impacted Negril? We have only visited in April/May before and are hoping that the water and air temps will be fine for swimming during this visit.

Thanks for your assistance.

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont, Ormond Beach
Level Contributor
8,493 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Negril water temp around Feb. 8-15?

The temps are indeed fine for swimming. The water temp changes little thru the year.

Milwaukee, WI.
Level Contributor
3,148 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Negril water temp around Feb. 8-15?

I'm a sissy when it comes to cold water. In Jan, early Feb, the morning water temp is cool, but when the sun hits it, the shallow water heats up quickly. VERY comfortable to me by 10;30.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
10,385 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Negril water temp around Feb. 8-15?

If you were referring to the Sea temperature, expect the temp to be around 84F; in August, the temp will be 86F. In January, the Sea temp can "fall" to 82F. So Chris/Liz is correct in that the water temp varies from 82F to 86F.

Most pools, except for the hottubs, are heated by the sun, so the swimup bar pools (and other private pools) will be cool-ish well into the afternoon.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4,439 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Negril water temp around Feb. 8-15?

I have never felt "cool" swimming anywhere in Jamaica during the winter months. Perhaps an early morning swim in January or February could be considered "refreshing" but never "cool" IMHO.

roxbury, ma
Level Contributor
8,704 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Negril water temp around Feb. 8-15?

For sure it has changed over the years and these past few Feburary's in Negril!

refreshing...not cool; not a warm bath tho :)

always perfect for a dip in the sea!

I've seen storm waves like never before a few days in February over the past few years as well!

PEACE!

Milwaukee, WI.
Level Contributor
3,148 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Negril water temp around Feb. 8-15?

One man's "refreshing" is another man's "cool".

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
1,140 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Negril water temp around Feb. 8-15?

Pools can be slightly more cool than the ocean. The ocean is like a wonderful bath.

Santa Rosa Beach...
Destination Expert
for Negril
Level Contributor
3,508 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Negril water temp around Feb. 8-15?

the only time the sea felt cool was when the sun went behind the clouds and I got a slight chill, may have been the sunburn too but the water has always been nice for swimming from dec to march, the waters fine....come on in

roxbury, ma
Level Contributor
8,704 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Negril water temp around Feb. 8-15?

Check out if the Donkey races are on during your dates...put on by the Negril rotary club..not to be missed...regardless of the water temps :)

PEACE!

10. Re: Negril water temp around Feb. 8-15?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 January 2015, 06:18