We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

new resort in Negril

sudbury
Level Contributor
101 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
new resort in Negril

Does anybody know what the buildings are next to RIU negril? We noticed in photos new buildings at the far end of bloody bay. We googled it and tried maps but it only shows what looks like construction.

United States
Level Contributor
11,466 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: new resort in Negril

It is the Little Bay Country Club. See the following for more details

jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/…lead3.html

sudbury
Level Contributor
101 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: new resort in Negril

Thanks great quick info!!!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
10,052 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: new resort in Negril

This is a sat image of that housing complex: wikimapia.org/…b

Look here for development details: www.selectivehomesja.com/littlebay/index.html

roxbury, ma
Level Contributor
8,446 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: new resort in Negril

I forgot about this development.

To take such a pristine piece of land and put such a hideous development on it....oh my they really could have done a better job! did you check out the interiors as well!

PEACE!

Malvern, United...
Level Contributor
574 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: new resort in Negril

Last year there were half the amount of properties. They sure are throwing them up quickly. Unsure how the beach will accommodate all those properties (the beach between orange bay and bloody bay) as it's tiny, but cute!

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: new resort in Negril

Is there still a private golf links in the plan?

Bodega, California
Level Contributor
14,470 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: new resort in Negril

Its such a shame what happened there. It looks like a suburb in the states. Hub rode his bike in there last year and said the beach was still there and if you looked in the opposite direction from the housing development it looked the same as it always has. Sadly it seems they'll be putting more townhouses and condos on the other side as well.

People are deluded into thinking that because they have an 11 page rider to their contract agreeing not to bring jet skis and motorized boats into the bay that this remains to be a marine sanctuary. Trust me its not - the minute you break ground on a development such as this and pull out the mangrove it is no longer a "sanctuary" to anyone.

Give it a year or two or maybe even less and people will be renting their houses out to vacationers.

Me - I will always miss my "secret" beach.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: new resort in Negril

Now that the 'secret' of Little Bloody Bay is no more I think the developers will probably artificially enhance and expand it with imported sand to make it usable to all the residents. This seems to be a very common practice now in Jamaica.The sea bottom will need to be cleaned up too. Last time I used it there were urchins and it was pretty difficult going out unless you had something on your feet.

Bodega, California
Level Contributor
14,470 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: new resort in Negril

Sad to agree BP, that beach just will never be the same as it was. Yeah, it was a bit tricky to get in and out of the bay - there was a technique to it for sure. Now - well, all the urchins are probably gone as are the rocks and seagrass - so its probably easier to get in and out of but might not smell so nice.

roxbury, ma
Level Contributor
8,446 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: new resort in Negril

rastagirl the key is "once you break ground" as you said!

Falmouth Port another example....lets see how that Glistening Waters survive in years to come!

PEACE!