We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SN: Paradise Bldg: RENO "Do we Stay or Do we GO?"

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
st louis
Level Contributor
223 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
SN: Paradise Bldg: RENO "Do we Stay or Do we GO?"

Hi Everyone,

We have a trip first week of May 2014. A TA just told me "they are actually expanding the building out so that the rooms will be bigger (extending out from the patios/balconies), They are closing 49 rooms at a time, with a time frame of 6-8 months. They are behind schedule, and people are being moved to other resorts because of that."

With that said, no guarantees..... Do we stay or do we go?

Open to other Sandals properties w/:

* Close to the Ocean Balconies

* Concierge

* No Butler

Thanks,

Washington
Level Contributor
271 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SN: Paradise Bldg: RENO "Do we Stay or Do we GO?"

the following post may have some info for you. RandB are all over this kind of thing and are a great asset for information. As soon as they see this im sure they will respond. Also posted is the "Fans Of..." site on facebook for SN, good info on there, a few TA's are on there (Maybe even the administrator?) a couple god places to start, Hope it all works out for you !

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147313-i70-k70547…

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Fans.SNG/

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SN: Paradise Bldg: RENO "Do we Stay or Do we GO?"

Are they giving you the option now to decide? If I had to choose a location besides Negril, it would be SWH for the view from the rooms and the long beach.

Calgary
Level Contributor
4,148 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SN: Paradise Bldg: RENO "Do we Stay or Do we GO?"

Swimn: Only a few have commented that they were moved to other resorts and that was weeks ago. Except for weddings, May is the beginning of slow season (we were there last May when they started the reno and the resort wasn't fully occupied) so I am pretty sure they will find you another suite at SN if you don't like the room and you might get a possible upgrade. One thing about Sandals, they do everything they can to work with and accommodate their guests.

<Open to other Sandals properties>

Meaning only in Jamaica or on other islands?

st louis
Level Contributor
223 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: SN: Paradise Bldg: RENO "Do we Stay or Do we GO?"

Ja_Gretch "Thank You"

st louis
Level Contributor
223 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: SN: Paradise Bldg: RENO "Do we Stay or Do we GO?"

Calgary - Open to ALL Sandals,

st louis
Level Contributor
223 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: SN: Paradise Bldg: RENO "Do we Stay or Do we GO?"

caviargal - no offer exists; we are trying to make a decision; do not want to get there and be disappointed; no guarantees.

Washington
Level Contributor
271 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: SN: Paradise Bldg: RENO "Do we Stay or Do we GO?"

If this question came up in our household, we would go for it and hope for the best, a bad day in Jamaica is better than a cold day at home :)

Calgary
Level Contributor
4,148 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: SN: Paradise Bldg: RENO "Do we Stay or Do we GO?"

swimin: Personally, we would stick with SN. They aren't going to move you but if a balcony is a deal breaker, then I agree with caviar and look at SWH. Don't get stressed out...you still have awhile to change your reservation. I know someone who has changed her's five times! *hides from Onlywanna*

Edited: 05 January 2014, 02:03
Illinois
Level Contributor
5,120 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: SN: Paradise Bldg: RENO "Do we Stay or Do we GO?"

I agree with the suggestion to move to Whitehouse. Sandals Negril is not a very large resort, and the closing of 49 rooms is a lot, even in low season. Also remember, to renovate these rooms there will be construction, and it could also effect your vacation. Also with 49 rooms less, they may , like many resorts, decrease some of your dining options due to lower capacity..

Whitehouse looks like a very nice resort. Visit Whitehouse and do SN when the renovations are complete.

Washington
Level Contributor
271 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: SN: Paradise Bldg: RENO "Do we Stay or Do we GO?"

haha that funny CC,